Ultra Limited to Street Glide Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 900 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
hmmmmm I don't think mine is stamped low on the bottom but I'll double check
The SG and dressers use the same "low" seat pan.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahooosier
Well I picked up the above referenced seat today and put it on the bike and I love it. I was amazed at how much bigger the Limited seat is next to the Street Glide seat. Haven't gotten to ride it yet, as roads are still wet from earlier rain and don't wanna get it all nasty. It seems it does sit me down lower and farther back, and not nearly as comfy as the stock Limited seat. But then again, I didn't buy it for comfort as keeping stock seat for long trips. Thanks for the info everyone. If anyone has a stock street glide seat, newer preferably, does it say LOW on the bottom of it? This one is stamped LOW on the bottom plastic pan and I'm confused as to why.

They are all marked low since (I think) 2011 regardless of SG or ultra - refers to the pan rather than the whole seat

The following users liked this post:
natedogg78 (02-27-2020)
Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,194 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Well I picked up the above referenced seat today and put it on the bike and I love it. I was amazed at how much bigger the Limited seat is next to the Street Glide seat. Haven't gotten to ride it yet, as roads are still wet from earlier rain and don't wanna get it all nasty. It seems it does sit me down lower and farther back, and not nearly as comfy as the stock Limited seat. But then again, I didn't buy it for comfort as keeping stock seat for long trips. Thanks for the info everyone. If anyone has a stock street glide seat, newer preferably, does it say LOW on the bottom of it? This one is stamped LOW on the bottom plastic pan and I'm confused as to why.
Can you do me a favor and post the Harley part number on that seat, please? I'm looking at a SG seat on eBay and the part number shows 52320-11, but I can't find that part number on the H-D website for fitment. The other issue is I have the adjustable rider backrest and I want to be sure I can still use it on the SG seat. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 9,283 Likes on 3,193 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Can you do me a favor and post the Harley part number on that seat, please? I'm looking at a SG seat on eBay and the part number shows 52320-11, but I can't find that part number on the H-D website for fitment. The other issue is I have the adjustable rider backrest and I want to be sure I can still use it on the SG seat. Thanks!
I can't help you with the part number, however I can tell you that it fits fine. The adjustable backrest works and fits just like it should as well.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:41 AM
Ahooosier
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I can't help you with the part number, however I can tell you that it fits fine. The adjustable backrest works and fits just like it should as well.

Not sure which number is part number but this is on the bottom of it.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 AM
Ahooosier
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Now I see that the part number is exactly what you posted so yes it will fit and yes it does have slot for backrest.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:26 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Now I see that the part number is exactly what you posted so yes it will fit and yes it does have slot for backrest.
Great. Thanks a lot!

Old 07-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Ahooosier
Cruiser

One more note...Check Craigslist before Ebay. Everyone seems to advertise a low price on their item, then make a killing on shipping charges. I found mine on Craigslist an hour away from me for $100.00. Never even tried to haggle on the price as I thought it was more than fair already. Good luck

Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

One more note...Check Craigslist before Ebay. Everyone seems to advertise a low price on their item, then make a killing on shipping charges. I found mine on Craigslist an hour away from me for $100.00. Never even tried to haggle on the price as I thought it was more than fair already. Good luck
You're right about the shipping. I'll check out Craigslist. Thanks again!

Old 07-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Yep I'll be darn, the seat on my '15 RGS is stamped LOW on the bottom.

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited to Street Glide Conversion