Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 models line up at Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015 | 10:30 AM
otterhigh2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by p51bombay
BS alert - Moco is extremely good at keeping photos of anything new from leaking out, dealer or otherwise - no dealer or princliple will see anything before its official release. New suspension?.........just got some in 2014, doubt they will change anything till 19MY.

Oh, and I'm if there was a dealer that got hold of spy photos and released them - you can't bet they wouldn't be a dealer for long after that.
You got me, I made the whole thing up, he hasn't been riding it since the end of June and posting pics of it, and if he had he probably just doesn't know the rules, he (and his dad) has only owned dealerships since 1949, he's new. Really there is nothing to see, it looks like a 15 except the paint on the tank is very slightly different (top color is also on the very bottom, I also don't recognize the tank badge but that could just be me not paying attention) he hasn't taken detailed pictures, purposely I'm sure.

P.S. I couldn't care less if you believe it

Last edited by otterhigh2; 07-21-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2015 | 10:46 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Gee ......... I'd like to see the Tri-Glide come with a built in beer cooler. I don't think that's asking too much from the Mo-Co.
isn't there already a "beverage" cooler insert for the saddle bags??

Old 07-21-2015 | 10:50 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by otterhigh2
I've been seeing pictures of a new limited for about a month, the guy riding it says "testing tires, suspension and a new motor package that will be coming out soon". The paint is slightly different on the tank and the air filter is the oval like CVO's without the logo. No markings on the engine.
ok listen, I worked for one of the largest Harley dealer principles in the country before he died (Bruce Rossmyer) he had multiple dealerships and was in very good with the MoCo and he NEVER got a new model before the dealer show. especially to ride. really dude, either you're full of it or the dealer principle that you know is full of it....either way unless you got proof its BS.

Old 07-21-2015 | 11:05 AM
otterhigh2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
ok listen, I worked for one of the largest Harley dealer principles in the country before he died (Bruce Rossmyer) he had multiple dealerships and was in very good with the MoCo and he NEVER got a new model before the dealer show. especially to ride. really dude, either you're full of it or the dealer principle that you know is full of it....either way unless you got proof its BS.
You got me, I'm full of it, nothing has changed since 2009 when Bruce died, and nobody knew about the water cooled heads a month before they came out in 13, and the schematics weren't posted on this forum a month before the release...

Last edited by otterhigh2; 07-21-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2015 | 02:16 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by otterhigh2
...... at least that's how it looks in my imagination...
.... well, in my imagination it was Hard Candy Gold, had a fixed fairing & the little #s on the side of the heads said 120S

..... last year just a little before this time we started seeing 'unauthorized' images of what turned out to be the new Road Glide fairing
........ we all were told @ that point that it couldn't possibly be real cuz the MoCo runs such a tight ship
... oh well, we'll know soon enuff

Old 07-21-2015 | 04:55 PM
tenn volunteer
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp

Come to East Tenn if you want to see a Victory tattoo. A guy down the street has a monster Victory MC on the calf of his leg. The neighbor said it would be a bitch if Polaris/Victory went bankrupt.

Old 07-21-2015 | 07:16 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnnyhumble
All the talk about 110's must come from people who haven't ridden them, or there are some 110 dogs out there. I have an 08 Superglide original 96" that has been bumped up using H-D parts and is now 110". This bike is just fun, isn't hot, and pulls for days. My V-Rod buddies love when we ride because I am as fast if not faster up to 100 mph. I would gladly go bigger when this gives me an issue. Everyday riding, torque when you need it, and smile-inducing grunt everywhere. My '12 Limited with 103" was nice, but it had nothing on this bike's fun factor and overall ride-ability. I'd say you need at least a 120" on a bagger to be close to having the fun I have now, without breaking the speed limit...well, by much. The 110" is a great motor and I look forward to more years with it. Oh, and for all you guys spending 30K, then complaining about it...try shopping used and pour some of that money into it. I dumped my '12 and got into this bike for 10k and am having a lot more fun, and isn't that what it's all about?

I hope the 16's have a 120! That'll make all those 110's drop in price and I can buy a spare for a few more bucks.
Well having had a few 110s both ones ive build with moco parts and one in a cvo. Its the biggest POS the moco ever built. I have one right now sitting on the shelf in my garage (in pieces) with 18 k on it and i would not put it together and install the thing in a damn go cart.

My cvo has a 120r and it performs exactly like a cvo should. Tons of power down low, massive acceleration, more top end than the speedo can accurately measure and it still gets 40 mpg.

Now its true, its a 10k add on with all the other upgrades that have to be taken into account. But, it will take an equally expensive and built motor to keep up with it and im more happy with it in the frame than i ever was with the 110.

The only thing i would like to add for more power is a turbo. Maybe in a couple of years....

Old 07-21-2015 | 08:56 PM
Sunnyday91360
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bigskyroadglide
Well having had a few 110s both ones ive build with moco parts and one in a cvo. Its the biggest POS the moco ever built. I have one right now sitting on the shelf in my garage (in pieces) with 18 k on it and i would not put it together and install the thing in a damn go cart.

My cvo has a 120r and it performs exactly like a cvo should. Tons of power down low, massive acceleration, more top end than the speedo can accurately measure and it still gets 40 mpg.

Now its true, its a 10k add on with all the other upgrades that have to be taken into account. But, it will take an equally expensive and built motor to keep up with it and im more happy with it in the frame than i ever was with the 110.

The only thing i would like to add for more power is a turbo. Maybe in a couple of years....
Would like to see time slips (1/4 mile) on this 120r. Seat of the pants is one thing but would like to know just how much faster then say a 103 with stage 1. Is it a second faster, two or just a couple hundreds? A stock SGS, stage 1 103 here in Denver can barely get out of the 14's.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:03 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
isn't there already a "beverage" cooler insert for the saddle bags??
Tri Glide has no saddlebags. Simply a trunk and the tour pack. I was referring to a 12 v powered cooler. The saddlebag liner type gets warm very quickly.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:09 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

Rumors, rumors, rumors, are just that. To me it seems that if MOCO have a CVO Road Glide
Ultra in 2015, that in 2016 we will see a Road Glide Ultra standard & low models in the
lineup.

One would think the third year of water cooled heads will be in more Bike & Trike models
also. That being said, a wet head Road Glide Ultra seems to be were the MOCO would go.
No one has though about a Rushmore cammed engines in the Softail Bikes yet, let alone
the dyna's.
I am sure some guys want a Heritage Softail Classic with water cooled heads, and more power.

Rumors, are rumors, are just that "RUMORS"

Last edited by OldPhat; 07-21-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 models line up at Sturgis