Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 models line up at Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015 | 01:50 PM
jpalm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Punjabi HD
Well IMO Indian and Victory are putting pressure on Moco to bump up Cubic". Saw a YouTube video way back not sure if it was Victory or Indian they comparing to Harley motors and making fun of CVO calling it Screaming chicken.
On a recent ride I stopped by and visited Doc Harley down in Clermont, FL. I asked him if Victory and Indian were making decent bikes. His response was "yeah, they make pretty good bikes, but I haven't seen anyone with a Victory or Indian tattoo yet." Nuff said. HD has a history and legacy that people enjoy being a part of. Plus, despite all of the gripes and complaints, they do make good motorcycles. Sure, there are always things to criticize, but I think it would take another episode like the AMF years to really take away a lot of HD's loyal base.

Old 07-14-2015 | 04:57 PM
firefighter156
Road Master

Originally Posted by Michael_UltraLimided
In all honesty, do you really need anything above 103? I have 2014 Ultra Limited, I ride mainly 2 up, cover up to 500 miles on some daily trips and have never complained that I need more power .... meantime, I am also a Private Pilot, drive a 450HP car, which does zero to sixy flat 4 secods, but when I am on the bike, I just don't need this type of acceleration, its all about comfort, twisties and being proud of American built! I looked at the CVO 110, yeah its a bit faster, but is it worth 12k over the Ultra Limited? now, with 120 inch you can expect to add another 5k on top of that 12k for CVO ... waste of money in my view.... what say you?
Absolutely. Every penny...

Old 07-14-2015 | 06:58 PM
Punjabi Rider
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jpalm
On a recent ride I stopped by and visited Doc Harley down in Clermont, FL. I asked him if Victory and Indian were making decent bikes. His response was "yeah, they make pretty good bikes, but I haven't seen anyone with a Victory or Indian tattoo yet." Nuff said. HD has a history and legacy that people enjoy being a part of. Plus, despite all of the gripes and complaints, they do make good motorcycles. Sure, there are always things to criticize, but I think it would take another episode like the AMF years to really take away a lot of HD's loyal base.
Agree because wife said it once you ain't riding anything else but Harley.

Old 07-21-2015 | 03:41 AM
johnnyhumble
Tourer
Default my 110 experience

All the talk about 110's must come from people who haven't ridden them, or there are some 110 dogs out there. I have an 08 Superglide original 96" that has been bumped up using H-D parts and is now 110". This bike is just fun, isn't hot, and pulls for days. My V-Rod buddies love when we ride because I am as fast if not faster up to 100 mph. I would gladly go bigger when this gives me an issue. Everyday riding, torque when you need it, and smile-inducing grunt everywhere. My '12 Limited with 103" was nice, but it had nothing on this bike's fun factor and overall ride-ability. I'd say you need at least a 120" on a bagger to be close to having the fun I have now, without breaking the speed limit...well, by much. The 110" is a great motor and I look forward to more years with it. Oh, and for all you guys spending 30K, then complaining about it...try shopping used and pour some of that money into it. I dumped my '12 and got into this bike for 10k and am having a lot more fun, and isn't that what it's all about?

I hope the 16's have a 120! That'll make all those 110's drop in price and I can buy a spare for a few more bucks.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:27 AM
otterhigh2
Intermediate

I've been seeing pictures of a new limited for about a month, the guy riding it says "testing tires, suspension and a new motor package that will be coming out soon". The paint is slightly different on the tank and the air filter is the oval like CVO's without the logo. No markings on the engine.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:33 AM
Eccool
Advanced

Originally Posted by otterhigh2
I've been seeing pictures of a new limited for about a month, the guy riding it says "testing tires, suspension and a new motor package that will be coming out soon". The paint is slightly different on the tank and the air filter is the oval like CVO's without the logo. No markings on the engine.
You've been seeing pictures where? You saw pictures, yet you managed to talk to the guy? Still pictures that talk. Wow.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:39 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eccool
You've been seeing pictures where? You saw pictures, yet you managed to talk to the guy? Still pictures that talk. Wow.
My thoughts exactly. Where are the links to the pictures ..........

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:43 AM
otterhigh2
Intermediate

Actually the pictures are from a dealer principle (that's what dealership owners are called) and he's posting them on his twitter and instagram. I copy and pasted his quote. They aren't my pictures to share

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:52 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member

Actually the pictures are from a dealer principle (that's what dealership owners are called) and he's posting them on his twitter and instagram. I copy and pasted his quote. They aren't my pictures to share
BS alert - Moco is extremely good at keeping photos of anything new from leaking out, dealer or otherwise - no dealer or princliple will see anything before its official release. New suspension?.........just got some in 2014, doubt they will change anything till 19MY.

Oh, and I'm if there was a dealer that got hold of spy photos and released them - you can't bet they wouldn't be a dealer for long after that.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:59 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by p51bombay
BS alert - Moco is extremely good at keeping photos of anything new from leaking out, dealer or otherwise - no dealer or princliple will see anything before its official release. New suspension?.........just got some in 2014, doubt they will change anything till 19MY.

Oh, and I'm if there was a dealer that got hold of spy photos and released them - you can't bet they wouldn't be a dealer for long after that.
Oh, we've seen spy shots on here plenty of times.

None directly from a dealer (with their/his name attached to it) though that I've seen. That would be stupid.

Quick Reply: 2016 models line up at Sturgis