Sponsored by:

Redline Shockproof

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Redline Shockproof

First of all apologies for this thread, but I've just discovered I can get Redline Shockproof primary and tranny oil here in the UK, first of all should I use it in my 2015 FLHTKSE instead of the SYN3 or HD FORMULA and is it any good?
Alas I cant get MOBIL 1 VTWIN for the engine, so here in the UK SYN3 will have to do for the motor!!

Cheers Ady

Old 07-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Redline with Shockproof is for the tranny only. I tried it, nothing special. I use non-syn Bel-Ray V-Twin in there, with 30% Lucas Oil Stabilizer. Less klanking after the engine warms up.

I've tried most everything in there & consistently find the dino fluids work better.

I've also tried the Redline V-Twin primary fluid... again nothing special. I use Mobil 1 syn ATF and have zero cold start shifting noise.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:40 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,114 Likes on 2,797 Posts

I use both and like both. Opinions are obviously varied, but I've had good results. I takes until the second change to see the full effect and get the old fluid completely out of it.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I switched to all redline at my 1000 mile interval. I'm approaching 5000 miles and will change the engine oil then, or slightly sooner since we are leaving for Sturgis and would rather just have a fresh oil change rather than doing it there or waiting till we get home.

I'll stick with it because I can get it easily at my dealer or a short trip down to Eastern Performance.

I'm sure the Syn3 is fine but it just doesn't make sense to me to have the same oil in all 3 holes. I'm sure others will argue that........

Old 07-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Redline products in tranny and primary... Mobil 1 20w 50 V Twin motor oil... Been running this combination on last three bikes... Great products...

Old 07-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Afdharley
I switched to all redline at my 1000 mile interval. I'm approaching 5000 miles and will change the engine oil then, or slightly sooner since we are leaving for Sturgis and would rather just have a fresh oil change rather than doing it there or waiting till we get home.

I'll stick with it because I can get it easily at my dealer or a short trip down to Eastern Performance.

I'm sure the Syn3 is fine but it just doesn't make sense to me to have the same oil in all 3 holes. I'm sure others will argue that........
Thanks, I'm pretty much in the same boat, so to speak, trying to get 5-600 miles on her before I change out the fluids as I'm going to the "European Bike Week" at Faakersee in Austria (google it, it's like the European "Sturgis"). I did run my FLHTCSE2 on SYN3 for the 7 years I had it, but I hear how good the Redline stuff is and just got me thinking about trying something other than SYN3, and yes i'm sure everyone will have an opinion.

Ady

Old 07-05-2015, 02:27 PM
TroubledWine
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I recently switched to Redline oil, Shockproof tranny, and primary fluids. I will say this...the shockproof tranny fluid made a huge difference in feel and noise, BUT the Redline primary fluid is thinner than most and will make your primary more audible. Just a FYI.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TroubledWine
I recently switched to Redline oil, Shockproof tranny, and primary fluids. I will say this...the shockproof tranny fluid made a huge difference in feel and noise, BUT the Redline primary fluid is thinner than most and will make your primary more audible. Just a FYI.
Redline primary fluid thinner than most and will make your primary more audible??? What does thickness have to do with being a proper lubricant for the application??? And how exactly did you measure the amount of decibels in your scientific experiment???

Old 07-05-2015, 03:34 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 79 Posts

I use red line in all three holes with great success and will continue to do so. I have tried them all and I like red line the best.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Afdharley
...I'm sure the Syn3 is fine but it just doesn't make sense to me to have the same oil in all 3 holes. I'm sure others will argue that........
Well, one oil seems to work very well in unit motors. Sportsters, and the metric bikes use only one oil. Moto GP bikes use just one oil. Just off the top of my head I can't think of any other bike aside from HD big twins who don't use just one oil in their motors (Indians and Victorys excepted I guess). Obviously you can run what you want, but I'll stick with mobile 1 VT in all 3 just to make it simple. Had over 70k on my RG running one oil with no problems what so ever. I'll do the same with my UC. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Redline Shockproof