Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outdated Suspension Design

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

I don't think the ride is even bad with stock suspension correct air pressure in the rear shocks will improve the ride.My 15 Limited is all stock and don't feel the need to change anything yet including stock seat just turned over 10K comfortable miles in little less then 6 months and also quite few 200 miles non stop rides no complaint but complements to MOCO.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:11 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Punjabi HD
I don't think the ride is even bad with stock suspension correct air pressure in the rear shocks will improve the ride.My 15 Limited is all stock and don't feel the need to change anything yet including stock seat just turned over 10K comfortable miles in little less then 6 months and also quite few 200 miles non stop rides no complaint but complements to MOCO.
Couldn't agree more. I commute over 100 miles each day, racked on more than 11,500 miles in 5 months. I ride two up with my wife on the weekends but weekdays are spent with a solo seat (Aviator) from La Pera. I'm extremely comfortable.

I did have to dial in the right pressure on the rear shocks but once I found it, it's extremely responsive and comfortable.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

You Guys live where the frost does not heave the roads like up north.I put on Premium adjustable shocks because stock air shocks would bottom out and beat You up under our road conditions.Premium shocks make riding tolerable.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:41 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Harttoo
You Guys live where the frost does not heave the roads like up north.I put on Premium adjustable shocks because stock air shocks would bottom out and beat You up under our road conditions.Premium shocks make riding tolerable.
Trust me. We have bad roads too. Remember us southerners are poor without a state tax.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:49 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,048 Likes on 12,177 Posts

How, pray tell, would Harley make a touring bike with longer travel? And still make it rideable for those under 6-5?

It's a f*&$%ing street bike for Chrisakes. You don't need 6 inches of travel. And if you have Ohlins you're either made of glass or your shocks are set up wrong for your weight.

Honest to God....it seems like the threads lately are the biggest collection of whine-fests I have yet to see. My seat is too slippery. My transmission whines. My bike is bumpy.

Arghhh! These are motorcycles we're talking about!

Good Lord people. Sell the bikes and buy a Lazy Boy!

Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,342 Likes on 5,487 Posts

Never seem to have any issue with the suspension on any of my Harleys and yes I do ride the heck out of them.
outdate not so sure it seems to work just fine.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:58 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,342 Likes on 5,487 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
How, pray tell, would Harley make a touring bike with longer travel? And still make it rideable for those under 6-5?

It's a f*&$%ing street bike for Chrisakes. You don't need 6 inches of travel. And if you have Ohlins you're either made of glass or your shocks are set up wrong for your weight.

Honest to God....it seems like the threads lately are the biggest collection of whine-fests I have yet to see. My seat is too slippery. My transmission whines. My bike is bumpy.

Well put thank you.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell em Dude!!!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:03 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I think the OP should find a Shovelhead owner drunk enough to let him take that Shovel for a ride. Then maybe, just maybe he would realize how far Harley-Davidson has come in terms of comfort. Jeez..............., like, jeez, really?

Old 06-27-2015, 09:17 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Nicely said. The p*ssyfication of guys on this forum and in life in general is growing at an alarming rate.

Quick Reply: Outdated Suspension Design