Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Daymaker Foglight install on 2015 RGS

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015 | 02:45 PM
DeadBirdDog
|
Advanced

It's really just a simple splice into the accessory harness under the seat. Sorry for the lack of pictures but it really doesn't require them. The three lead wires of the accessory harness are + switched, + and -. Use the +switched and - wires (check with a circuit tester to make sure you have the right ones) and splice into the grey (+) and black (-) wires in the harness. I used 3M Scotchloks and heat wrapped those when finished.

Shame on the MoCo for not making the accessory foglight harness actually plug up to the damn foglights.

Old 07-02-2015 | 03:12 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DeadBirdDog
It's really just a simple splice into the accessory harness under the seat. Sorry for the lack of pictures but it really doesn't require them. The three lead wires of the accessory harness are + switched, + and -. Use the +switched and - wires (check with a circuit tester to make sure you have the right ones) and splice into the grey (+) and black (-) wires in the harness. I used 3M Scotchloks and heat wrapped those when finished.

Shame on the MoCo for not making the accessory foglight harness actually plug up to the damn foglights.

I was the OP of the link your mentioned below in your original post, I did the exact same thing you did, spliced directly into the non-relay actuated wires of that wiring harness as there were no plug & play wires to interface.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-ru...mp-wiring.html

I run the fog lamp wires under the left & right lowers and tucked the remaining wires inside the left lowers, then up and under the gas tank to to the accessory socket--had to remove tank also.

How do you like the fog lamps?

The following users liked this post:
roadkinglobo (09-22-2016)
Old 07-02-2015 | 04:00 PM
DeadBirdDog
|
Advanced

I just put it back together last night so I haven't had time to ride with them to see. They're definitely bright! I decided to change the mounting though. I just ordered a set of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291037598383...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and I'm going to mount them on the top of the crash bar instead of the bottom. Less chance of rock damage and I'm hoping I get a better light spread with the higher mount. Using the recommended brackets makes you have to mount the lights sideways and the angle doesn't look right in the light spread.

Thanks for the post...you were the only person I could find anywhere dealing with the same thing. Glad to know we came to the same conclusion.

Old 07-02-2015 | 04:30 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

I kept mine at the recommended mounting location, at the lower end of the crash guard bar and the beauty of this setup is, I can independently turn on & off the fog lamps.

During day rides, I usually leave these fog lamps on and I turn off the passing lamps...my riding friends says, it looks like a freight train coming at you since the combination of the headlamp and fogs lamps forms a triangle pattern from the front--nice.

What I noticed is, the spread of these lights are more int the flat horizontal beam pattern, and they do help light the edges of the road when riding at night. They also complement the looks & design of the bike, and as you know in HD talk, "form follows function"...lol