Sponsored by:

Navigation database Full?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
AndyNFW
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation database Full?

I was trying to import a track, as a gpx file from Basecamp and I got the message Navigation Database full.
How do you remove previously uploaded waypoints from the "Saved" location in the GPS section of the Boombox 6.5?
I removed the previously loaded "Routes, but it did not remove the waypoints, which are in the "Saved" location.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:33 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

I received the same message on my first attempt to load my first trip, so I knew the data base couldn't have been full.

I replanned the route making a couple of the waypoints destinations and then resaved the route to a .gpx file and imported the route successfully.

Not sure if this will work for you, but I have loaded several routes since successfully, with no issues. That may be due to the last Boom 6.5 update......not sure.

So far I am very happy with the system we just back from about a 3500 mile trip to the East coast, never riding an expressway, through mountain roads and side streets all pre-planned using HD Ride Planner, loaded and instructed the routes flawlessly.

The one thing to make sure of that I have found, is make sure your way points are on the intended road of travel, otherwise you will be doing little side excursions into neighboring subdivisions (where applicable) as the system directs you to the closest it can get to the planned way point.

The big question I have is, the routes are loaded into the "Trips" folder on the GPS, does that every fillup? I cannot seem to find anywhere to delete trips, so I have to assume that it would work as, "first in, first out", whereby the first trip loaded will be displaced by the last one loaded once the system has reached its capacity.

Last edited by HardRider1; 06-16-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:22 AM
AndyNFW
Intermediate

The issue I have is that the waypoints from previously loaded and subsequently deleted routes are still showing in the "saved" locations. As we all know the GPS has this limitation of only 100 waypoints, and I can't seem to find a way to delete them.
After i posted the initial message. I ran the specific route, and created two "Trails". These I exported and sent to my colleagues. We will see if this works.
The route we are trying to get loaded is for a Charity ride we do annually, and in prior years just running the route , sharing from Garmin to Garmin, with "Re-calculation" off, has never been an issue. Now trying to share the route from garmin to Boombox is proving to be a real pain...

The following users liked this post:
Vtwin109 (06-15-2023)
Old 06-17-2015, 07:42 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,197 Posts

You can delete saved routes and waypoints.
My bike is currently at the dealership - so I can not look at it. Bus, as I recall, you go to the GPS, pull up the saved routes - press the route and somewhere on the screen is a "trash can:. Press that - and it will ask if you are sure you want to delete the route.

Say yes - and it will go away.

If you don't find it, when my bike gets back, I will take a look and provide further instructions.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:11 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

A factory reset, search here for directions, will clean it all up.

But it will also reset any dealer activations such as the auxiliary input. Your dealer might do the reset and restore any activations. You may also lose any music presets.

When importing GPX files only choose the main name. Selecting all will import the waypoints as save locations and some will get "stuck" requiring a reset to clear.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:37 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Are you all importing individual waypoints? I also use Basecamp, but I only import the gpx file (that already includes all the waypoints I inserted to the route in Basecamp), and I can delete the trip/route which deletes the entire route or trip including the waypoints contained in that route. I just checked my GPS in the Saved menu and I don't have any waypoints available to delete, but I was able to delete a previous route without issue with no leftover waypoints. But like I said, I've never imported any individual waypoints, just routes/trips (gpx files) that already contain the waypoints I want. Maybe I am not understanding the issue?

Last edited by caberto; 06-17-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:07 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyNFW
The issue I have is that the waypoints from previously loaded and subsequently deleted routes are still showing in the "saved" locations. As we all know the GPS has this limitation of only 100 waypoints, and I can't seem to find a way to delete them.
After i posted the initial message. I ran the specific route, and created two "Trails". These I exported and sent to my colleagues. We will see if this works.
The route we are trying to get loaded is for a Charity ride we do annually, and in prior years just running the route , sharing from Garmin to Garmin, with "Re-calculation" off, has never been an issue. Now trying to share the route from garmin to Boombox is proving to be a real pain...
The only thing I found to resolve this issue is a full reset. Turn the bike off and hold down the power button until the accept screen comes up. Then accept the warning and you will see an option to reset.

It sounds like when you are importing a route, you are using the select all feature. This is where your problem is as you should only import the route itself. Here's a video I created and about half way through, I cover the importing.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:13 PM
AndyNFW
Intermediate

Thanks guys, it looks like I need to do the reset, indicated above. I will go and try it now...

Old 06-17-2015, 05:58 PM
AndyNFW
Intermediate

I followed the instructions, expecting to have to a "Factory reset", but that isn't an option, perhaps it changed with a recent s/w upgrade. There were a number of choices with "Cal Reset" in the name, but I found the "Privacy Reset", so I tried that and it worked. I had to reset my AM/FM channels, but I no longer have the orphaned waypoints, and my Aux for my Zumo is still there...
Thanks guys.

The following users liked this post:
Vtwin109 (06-15-2023)
Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, privacy reset is the one you wanted. The Cal reset, you would have lost your aux input.

Quick Reply: Navigation database Full?