Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation database Full?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 05:02 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,197 Posts

Hammz - thanks for the pictures. Believe you and I agree on this.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:19 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 520 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Hammz - thanks for the pictures. Believe you and I agree on this.
And I agree also.

Great job of explaining as usual by Hammz.

The following users liked this post:
Hammz (04-19-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 01:51 PM
Joe741
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I brought my bike to the dealer for something else, and I checked with them about the Nav system. They made sure the software was updated, (it was), and supposedly cleaned out anything else. Not sure what that entailed.
Anyway, I got the bike back, and with the Service guy right there, I uploaded one of my two saved routes from my USB Stick. I uploaded the Route file, (Tyre says to use that one). We got the same error message, (see my photo about NAV Database full).
Then I tried uploading the Track file, as well as the ALL file. This time, I got just a list of Way Points. To delete, I had to individually delete the individual points using the trash can icon. Couldn't delete the route.
Basically, I have not resolved this yet, still looking for ideas.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Joe741
Advanced

I've started using the Harley Trip Planner again, because at least it'll let me load routes. I found that when I used Tyre, now know as MyRouteApp, (MRA), that was when I got the Nav database full error.
I went back to Harley Trip Planner, which has been re-done and seems to work now. I created a route for a ride I'm planning on with my friends, that has a bunch of Way Points, and two locations, a a start and a finish. I saved it as a .GPX file, uploaded it to my bike and it uploaded, no problem, no database errors.
I rode the route to test it, and it was all screwed up. I carried my written directions along with me, and I got to the end, and it said I'd reached my Waypoint.

I'm wondering if I need more locations. Actually, I don't know the difference between a location and a way point. I wonder if I had more locations if the route would work on the bike better. Does anyone have any idea on the difference between a way point and a location, and could that be my problem??
This forum has been very helpful, and thanks a lot in advance!

Old 05-19-2018, 09:35 AM
Joe741
Advanced

I was not able top resolve the issue so I went back and re-read this thread.
You were right.
All my routes were all stored up. I went through this process as you clearly explained it, and deleted all the old routes, and of course now I can load my new routes.

It remains to be seen how the new version of Harley's web based route planner works, but from all appearances, it seems to look good. At a minimum, it sure was easy for me to layout my routes.

Thank you for your very helpful and useful input.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe741
I was not able top resolve the issue so I went back and re-read this thread.
You were right.
All my routes were all stored up. I went through this process as you clearly explained it, and deleted all the old routes, and of course now I can load my new routes.

It remains to be seen how the new version of Harley's web based route planner works, but from all appearances, it seems to look good. At a minimum, it sure was easy for me to layout my routes.

Thank you for your very helpful and useful input.
You're welcome. Glad you got it resolved.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:31 PM
rob.deijkers@planet.nl
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem of Database full is due to the size of the file, if you create it on the site of HD You get a file of 4kb, but if you have a baskamp, tire or something else, then you have a file with more than 400kb.
I never have any problems with the file via HD, always works perfectly.
go to de site https://maps.harley-davidson.com/ and create your trip, You wil see its work on your BOOM system perfect, and never get the masage DATABASE FULL

Rob

Old 06-13-2023, 03:00 PM
DWKen
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

The GTS Boombox really sucks, in many ways.
About simulation: It simulates at speed limit speed. No way to speed it up or slow it down. I'm trying to test a route from Dallas to Trinidad, CO. It's going to take all day long, just like riding it. It'd be more fun to just go for a 2 day ride, out and back, to test it.
Furthermore, the Nav turns off after almost 2 hours. If trying to restart, it starts back from home. GRRRR!

And can you start a simulation (or a ride for that matter) from anywhere other than were the motorcycle is sitting? Well, no you cannot. All rides start from the current location.
Can you delete waypoints so the the ride starts after the last deleted one? You can delete them . . . but it won't do any good. The BoomBox will still start you from home to get to the first NON-DELETED waypoint. If you delete all the way through the destination, the route is ended.

I'm doing this testing to make our 5,000 mile trip in 30 days go more smoothly. The 3,000 mile trip from which I returned 2 days ago was somewhat of a navigation disaster. How many U-turns? Many.

It's sad because a programmer working for a week to 10 days could fix ALL of the shortcomings of the GTS Boombox. But Harley won't even entertain the idea. They keep selling the defective unit for thousands of dollars.

Ken

Old 06-13-2023, 05:15 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,197 Posts

Ken - have you ever considered simulating it on your phone or your computer.

I have been using Ride Planner a bit more recently - and, have discovered a few great features.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:37 PM
DWKen
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Ken - have you ever considered simulating it on your phone or your computer.

I have been using Ride Planner a bit more recently - and, have discovered a few great features.

Yes, all day today. I'm preparing for our 5,000 mile trip in less than 30 days want to have all issues as resolved as possible.

The Ride Planner is sluggish over the Internet (I have megabit FIOS both directions) And it will take a multi-day trip of routes and turn them into a single trip. This is not good for us.
Furkot divides trips into days, but when imported into Ride Planner, it's just one big day (trip).

I love planning rides using Furkot. It's so much better than BaseCamp. And the Furkot creator is very helpful when I have a question. It's a USA application located in Colorado or Wyoming with server in Dallas.
Like Ride Planner, it's totally internet based, but with instant refresh when I do things on the screen.

No matter what we stick into the BoomBox, the BoomBox may try to change it. Only way to know is to examine the days' routes inch by inch while sitting in my workshop on the motorcycle.
Started doing that today for July's Epic West trip.

Quick Reply: Navigation database Full?