2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unresponsive cruise control & gear indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015 | 02:11 PM
riderideride
Tourer

Had same issue on my '14 SGS. Like others, dealer special ordered the left switch pack, and replaced it.

Does not seem to be that uncommon, but odd everyone says it had to be ordered. Would think it would be an in stock item by now.

Old 06-23-2015 | 10:31 AM
AzSteve
Intermediate
Default same issue

Had the same issue on my 2015 RG. It went out after the dealer did the 1,000 mile service and washed the bike, so it could be moisture causing the left switch unit to go bad. Warranty item so no cost to me. Am headed out on a trip Friday so will see if anything else goes bad. Love the bike!

Old 06-23-2015 | 02:10 PM
Mister Breeze
Tourer

Mine went out two days after the 2 nd recall. Trouble free since.

Old 06-23-2015 | 05:24 PM
capttawes
|
Road Warrior

Figured I'd mention an update since I first posted. Clutch switch unstuck itself and I cleared the code so for the last 7 days has worked fine so it's definitely not bad (yet). Now my indicator on console for left turn is still out but that's no biggy since the signal works fine. If the problem recurs I'll warranty it and the led indicator.

Old 06-24-2015 | 10:38 AM
knife_edge
Tourer

Originally Posted by knife_edge
Had the same exact thing happened to my 15 road glide special this week on my way up to Laconia, NH and I was told by the HD dealership up there that they were receiving lots of complaints for the same issues and that it was the left control electrical unit on the handle bar that needed to be replace. But they did not have the replacement part in stock, so I am getting it done this coming week by my local HD shop. It's funny how my local shop also asked if I rode in the rain catching me off guard with that question. With a smile I answered her with a "No", but what a question to ask, when did it change that you couldn't ride your bike in the rain?
Well, I was told by the HD service department that I have a faulty left switch control and a replacement for it is on back order, they went ahead and also offered me the lighted switch control as an upgrade, but it's also on back order now! Geeeee man, what the heck!

Old 06-24-2015 | 10:41 AM
knife_edge
Tourer

Originally Posted by knife_edge
Had the same exact thing happened to my 15 road glide special this week on my way up to Laconia, NH and I was told by the HD dealership up there that they were receiving lots of complaints for the same issues and that it was the left control electrical unit on the handle bar that needed to be replace. But they did not have the replacement part in stock, so I am getting it done this coming week by my local HD shop. It's funny how my local shop also asked if I rode in the rain catching me off guard with that question. With a smile I answered her with a "No", but what a question to ask, when did it change that you couldn't ride your bike in the rain?
Well, I was told by the HD service department that I have a faulty left switch control and a replacement for it is on back order, they went ahead and also offered me the lighted switch controls as an upgrade, but it's also on back order now! Geeeee man, what the heck!

Old 07-19-2015 | 04:25 PM
A206Driver
Tourer

A day after getting caught in a downpour we were cruising home and the cruise control went off. The gear indicator was blank and at the next gas stop I tried to start it in gear with the clutch in and no go. Add ours to the list.

Old 01-21-2018 | 07:05 PM
mbv
Stage I

Went on a ride today and set the cruise control. While riding the cruise control disengaged. The cruise control light was yellow but it would not engage. Bike will not start while in gear so it sounds like i need a new switch to. I guess i'll be stopping by the dealer this week.

Old 01-22-2018 | 05:23 AM
nevets61
Road Master

Try flooding the switch housing with WD-40, it may not cure your problem but it did for me, moisture in the housing messes up the contacts, mine acted up after a dealer wash while bike was in for another warranty issue. Once flooded with WD40 all has been great and its been over a year, I just do this ever oil change as part of my 5k maintenance. Worth a shot.