Sponsored by:

Intercom with Street Glides

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:52 AM
tockeyj
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercom with Street Glides

Is it possible to setup passenger comms on street glide special? I have the communication set-up with CB installed and it works fine. I would like to add another comm port so my passenger and I can use the intercom feature.

I couldn't find a similar thread so any help is appreciated.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:04 AM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lemme preface by stating I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Did you install CB on your street glide special using the instructions that were posted awhile back on this forum? If so, how does everything work? I've toyed with also having this done before I leave for Sturgis.

Thanks

Old 05-31-2015, 09:15 AM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by tockeyj
Is it possible to setup passenger comms on street glide special? I have the communication set-up with CB installed and it works fine. I would like to add another comm port so my passenger and I can use the intercom feature.

This post might help.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-tour-pak.html

Old 05-31-2015, 09:23 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tockeyj

There is currently no Harley or aftermarket kit to do this. There are a couple of extensive threads on the subject. One rider, I believe in the UK had a tech who wired a system up for him using a tour Pak from an earlier year ultra. One other rider spliced the Harley communication cable that gets installed for the CB to add a passenger port but had issues where he couldn't hear the passenger talk (I think).

I think part of the problem is that you need the switch pack from the tour Pak because of the CAN Bus. If anyone has figured this out please correct me where I'm wrong.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:05 PM
tockeyj
Intermediate

The install was fairly simple using the http://www.delta-it.net/2014CB.pdf instructions. Everything works, CB communication, radio, even the intercom switches on when talking or singing to yourself. The lighted switches, although expensive for one button, look great at night. I will say though that the CB reception quality was poor with having the antenna buried next to the frame. I modified the supplied 09-13 antenna mount by drilling a new hole in the bracket to mount it to the bike which helped alot with reception. I am considering getting shorty antennas to see if the reception is still sufficient.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:29 PM
nuages
Cruiser
Default Intercom

Yes, you need the canbus wiring/switch. I have a 2013 tour pak on my 2014 SG and the intercom works great. I did also fit the the Ultra dash on the tank for a neat din connection. The tech fitted it....as I would have lost my warranty fiddling with the wiring.