Sponsored by:

2014 Street Glide "Ultra"

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Looking good!

you just reminded me that I have the rear wrap around LED bar as well, but need to mount it and wire it.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:21 PM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post up how to mount that on the tour pak? I've been told multiple times you cannot do that.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDRiderPA
Can you post up how to mount that on the tour pak? I've been told multiple times you cannot do that.
It will be a few weeks before I am able to get around to it. When I do, I'll try my best to remember to do a picture by picture. You have to build a wire harness as well, and I still need to look into wire colors and the schematics, then go order all the parts to do it.

now that I think about it... it could be longer than a couple weeks...

Old 05-26-2015, 10:55 PM
nking262
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am doing the same add-ons as you did but to a Road Glide. Do you have any part numbers for the speaker harness or any lights? I want to do the wrap around LED brake light too, it is pretty awesome looking. I was told it has a factory plug so you could replace a non-led unit with it. If that is the case, then the harness that comes in a regular tourpak should fit. I will be speaking to parts and service people in the next couple of days so I will pass on whatever I find out too. Please share whatever you can that you used. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 PM
nking262
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle bag bar

Do you have the number for the saddle bag crash bars? I am sure they are the same for the Road Glide. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master

For the harness that is in the TP, I just ordered a replacement from a 2014 Limited. I think it was about 55.00. You will have to drill the holes for the wrap around LED. there are little raised triangles inside the TP, and other raised areas that need removed, but no template is available from HD. I am debating on paying the dealer to do it. they mess it up, i get a new TP.

Here is the link to the "kit" for the rear speaker pod kit
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-enclosure-kit

link for the rear speakers
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-rear-speakers

link for the bag guard bars.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ddlebag-guards

Old 05-27-2015, 06:00 AM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I like all the add ons and agree about the two-tone paint schemes, but I would choose an Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low, install a quick detach kit and swap the seat. The fact that it's available in several solid colors seals the deal. Seems like a fast and economical way of achieving the same thing with some extras thrown in.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master

The low wasn't available in 2014, nor was amber whiskey in the Electra Glides in solid. Also, the front fenders, mirrors, and rear fenders are ugly to me. Granted, in time they will be changed out anyway, I didnt want to look at them for 3-5 years.

Like I said before, a lower financed cost was a bonus too. I got 1.59 apr on this for 5 years and 19,500.00 out the door.

Also, when I bought her, the 2014's had JUST come out with all of the rushmore changes, and the information was VERY limited. I bought her sight unseen while in Afghanistan through the "Exchange new car sales". The literature was not that great and nobody could answer if the limiteds all had wet heads or not. I love the idea of the wet heads, but didn't want to be a "test rat", but later found out that HD had been testing the system longer than I had thought.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 AM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

All good reasons. I was providing a different perspective for others considering the same build. Good luck!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:38 PM
2011RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

69200131-wiring harness, Tourpak $67 at kutter

I'll be doing the same soon, have the lower fairings, Tourpak and backrest already on my sgs, ordering the speakers soon.....

I'll probably put the run/turn/brake lights on the Tourpak eventually, but it'll be later, I'd rather spend that money on other things right now.... I want it to look complete but I hate spending that much on a brake light. Maybe I'll find a factory takeoff at a discount that somebody exchanged for smoked.....

Quick Reply: 2014 Street Glide "Ultra"