2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does your clutch feel after the latest clutch recall?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:52 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Done, may feel harder / release earlier, but too hard to tell, it's pretty much the same as before. It could all be in my head, ya know?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Hoosier1
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sol
Had mine done today and I'm guessing that my Limited was more affected by the issue than others. Before the recall work, there was the lurch with in-gear starts but what really bothered me was I wasn't able to find a consistent "friction zone". This made for some herky-jerky turns from stoplights.

In the short trip home this evening, the clutch felt much like the one on my old Road King with the cable - it engaged just a bit once the lever was off the grip and was linear until the lever was almost fully released. I definitely noticed better control in low speed turns.

Same experience as well. You especially notice additional control when riding two up. The clutch engagement dead spot is almost gone and now feels similar to other Harley's owned over the years.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:12 PM
brokefootkenny
Road Captain
Received 166 Likes on 68 Posts

mine is definitely stiffer.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:35 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,217 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Mine feels slippery.

I had my clutch done last Saturday. Today, I go to take the bike out of the garage and the clutch lever is wet with hydraulic fluid. I tried tightening the two screws, but they were as tight as they would go. So, I guess it's back to the dealer.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Kcdcltd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like it did before the recall

Old 05-09-2015, 04:52 PM
BillNich
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine feels the same..

Old 05-10-2015, 12:24 AM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recall done today and it's nicer for me. Never really had a problem shifting prior but previous clutch pulls had a slight feeling of a 'pop' at the end of the pull that I could feel in the lever. Well that's gone now after the recall and the pull is consistent in feel and a nicer result all around.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:40 AM
thevirginian
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a lick a difference

Old 05-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Had the recall done yesterday and I had no issues before but the service Manager said they had noticed some of the bikes on the floor having the issues after they sat for awhile. The problem is when Harley molds the cases for the reservoir they used an acid the etch the inside of the reservoir and when they cleaned them before putting them together all the acid was not removed. It had actually embedded itself inside of the aluminum and then it caused the brake fluid to bubble and this is what causes the problem.
They will pull the system down and wash out the reservoir with different solutions to get it clean and rebuild and flush the system and then your good to go, hopefully.
Mine does feel stiffer than before and catches a little quicker. Wow, that almost doesn't sound right.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:19 AM
JdhogH
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably the same but was enjoying the ride too much to notice. I did loose my gear indicater, which I returned back to the dealership and informed them. The svc mgr said it was not related and explained the system to me. They will have to call Harley Tech to get information on the error code that refused to clear. On my way home, about 30 miles into the trip, it began working again. I'm wondering if it is/was pressure related.

Quick Reply: How does your clutch feel after the latest clutch recall?