2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does your clutch feel after the latest clutch recall?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:23 AM
My14Ultra
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Had mine done last week. Does feel a bit firmer but may be mi imagination tho. Gave it a heck of a workout Saturday. Took a STAR Advance riding skills class and spent about 6 hours doing slow speed maneuvers in a parking lot and was really having to feather and slip the clutch in a lot of the training and it worked well. Really liked the class also. Highly recommend it to help on slow speed maneuvers. Helped me a lot with this 900 lb beast.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Tooltech
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had mine done, feels just the same as before.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:10 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine feels smoother.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

I got the bike back yesterday and the clutch feels about the same.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Sol
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had mine done today and I'm guessing that my Limited was more affected by the issue than others. Before the recall work, there was the lurch with in-gear starts but what really bothered me was I wasn't able to find a consistent "friction zone". This made for some herky-jerky turns from stoplights.

In the short trip home this evening, the clutch felt much like the one on my old Road King with the cable - it engaged just a bit once the lever was off the grip and was linear until the lever was almost fully released. I definitely noticed better control in low speed turns.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:30 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Sol
Before the recall work, there was the lurch with in-gear starts.....
I was told that this was normal but I could have them adjust the clutch if I wanted and it would take that away. Not sure if that is what happened on your master cylinder rebuild or if they are just full of crap. Guess I will check my service manual and see if there is even a way to adjust a hydraulic clutch.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:40 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

I dont think there is a adjustment other then fluid level. Could be wrong tho. I had mine finished yesterday along with a few other issues and a bad tire. ESP saved my 270 bucks for a front tire installed. Had to complain a lil bit and make sure they knew i had ESP even after they said it wasnt split enough for a claim but in the end they covered it fixed my sticking gas cap lid and did the clutch recall for the second time. Still feels the same to me although most of my ride home was on the freeway some was still on service roads and didnt notice any difference as I said.

Batman

Old 05-01-2015, 07:37 AM
gravelmanv11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My clutch was fixed last Friday and i could tell the difference right away, I've heard that the problem with bleed off was if the bike set for long periods of time but i can tell you my bike would only have to set for a few days and the clutch would have to be pumped up to work, even then it was engaging right off the grip which made finding neutral extremely difficult. Now that the recall is done it's working as it should. Lots more fun to ride.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:27 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Had mine done yesterday and mine feels the same.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:24 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Had mine done last week. I just got back from the beach and it did fine in the hot stop and go traffic. I am a little concerned about the fluid level. It looks kind of low to me. Also, now there is a "wet look" around the master cylinder gasket. I checked the screws and they were tight.

Quick Reply: How does your clutch feel after the latest clutch recall?