Sponsored by:

Boom audio speakers blown

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:43 PM
dakotabobcat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom audio speakers blown

I upgrade to the boom audio speakers and now have a rear speaker acting like it is blown. Has never been played overly loud. Anyone else ever experience this? Also any recommendation on some other brand of speakers don't think I will be replacing with the boom audio again
Thanks

Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Any quality aftermarket speaker will be much better than the boom. Problem is you will need an amp to really push them. Head over to the audio section with your bike info, budget, need for FM reception, and what you want to accomplish. If you are mechanically inclined, (i.e. can remove your tank/outer fairing) and can do some basic wiring, the guys in there love to help. I did 2 speakers and an amp for $350.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would that be covered under warranty?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

My first ride on the bike last week I blew the speakers in the fairing. Couldn't handle the Godsmack

Upgrade and speaker lids is on the list.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Mr_King
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotabobcat
I upgrade to the boom audio speakers and now have a rear speaker acting like it is blown. Has never been played overly loud. Anyone else ever experience this? Also any recommendation on some other brand of speakers don't think I will be replacing with the boom audio again
Thanks

I think that's why Harley calls them boom.... Sorry to hear they are blown, no pun. Perfect opportunity to upgrade. I tried both the Focal and JL Audio 6.5" fronts and returned the JL's. The JL's sounded great but were a little muddy in the bass and thought the Focals would be bright enough to hear over the Rineharts.

Good luck.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:21 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't understand this.... I have 26k on my 14 SG and the radio is almost ALWAYS ALL THE WAY UP...

and I listen to just about everything... From Godsmack, to Petty Pablo, to US and anything in between...

NO issues with my speakers. I even upgraded to the slightly better HD speakers and will be adding the speakers on my tour pak soon...

Have you guys been making adjustments to the equalizer for the factory unit and speakers...?

Old 04-29-2015, 05:03 AM
KCwildguy
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Both of my tourpak speakers are blown, buzzing bad with bass. I checked with my dealer and I am upgrading to the Boom Stage 1, and they will discount it for the price of the replacement speakers and install the whole setup for free. It's definitely covered under warranty.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:40 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by KCwildguy
Both of my tourpak speakers are blown, buzzing bad with bass. I checked with my dealer and I am upgrading to the Boom Stage 1, and they will discount it for the price of the replacement speakers and install the whole setup for free. It's definitely covered under warranty.
Glad to hear that. Since I added the upgraded speakers up front, I just bought them for the rear instead of buying speakers twice. I should be installing everything in a couple weeks now... I am excited!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:03 AM
dakotabobcat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save your money I have upgraded to the stage 1 already that's what's blown

Old 04-29-2015, 06:06 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

??? huh? IRT your original post...why not discuss w/your dealer as they might do something under warranty (bike or speaker coverage)? At least try to get it fix'd so you can plan a better audio upgrade later...JMO.

Quick Reply: Boom audio speakers blown