Sponsored by:

Boom Box 4.3 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:51 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Boom Box 4.3 Issue

I have an issue with my boom box losing the bluetooth and USB connection after long periods of time. Like, after several hours of riding. So, in long form here is the issue.

I connect my phone to the USB for charging, meanwhile I connect via USB to run my Amazon app for music. Everything works fine and does so for at least 4 or 5 hours. After that something happens really strange. The Music from Amazon stops playing and the radio switches to the USB and stars playing the music direct from the phone...for a few seconds then it switches to the radio. I can get it back to the Amazon music via bluetooth but in a minute or two it will do the whole thing over again.

If I shut the bike down for a while (long enough to have lunch) I can resume playing music from the phone via bluetooth for a few hours again.

I think something may be overheating but the phone isn't warm or anything. Is this just some kind of timeout mechianism? Anyone else have an issue like this.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

IDK but if I were to guess, I'd be thinking it's an issue with the streaming software via BT (I know you stated streaming via USB, but I suspect it's streaming via BT; don't think streaming works via USB) on the phone. I've seen similar time out issue streaming music to external BT speakers at home.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:51 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammz
IDK but if I were to guess, I'd be thinking it's an issue with the streaming software via BT (I know you stated streaming via USB, but I suspect it's streaming via BT; don't think streaming works via USB) on the phone. I've seen similar time out issue streaming music to external BT speakers at home.
I start streaming via Bluetooth, that connection drops and goes to USB.
The USB is not streaming, it's pulling the files from my memory card on the phone which is plugged directly to the USB port.
Then that also drops and goes to radio.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Yes, sounds like phone software. I have 3 different music players on my Galaxy S4. Two of them will stop after a while when played via USB or BT. MixZing Premium will stop. Google Play Music will stop. The (native, default as delivered) Music doesn't stop.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:23 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

i agree sounds like the phone or program your running is time limited. When I rock out i heart radio here at work after 4 hours it shuts down the music also. I have to go into it and hit play again and it starts right back up where it was at.

Next time it does it restart it right away (whatever your using to play the music from) and see what it does.

Batman

Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by batman.

Next time it does it restart it right away (whatever your using to play the music from) and see what it does.

Batman
Sorry, left that tidbit out. If I restart it (even turn off the radio completely) it does the exact same think in about a minute. I agree, it's probably the phone and not really a big issue, just wondered if anyone else had this issue. I think it's around the 4 or 5 hour mark of continuous use before it happens.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My phone times out and will interrupt music when a message comes in. I would think if your phone had an interruption, the computer would detect that and move to the last music source it had. Could that be a possibility?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:29 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tripleshot
My phone times out and will interrupt music when a message comes in. I would think if your phone had an interruption, the computer would detect that and move to the last music source it had. Could that be a possibility?
Mine interrupts when a message comes in but goes right back after a short pause. I unchecked "phone" on my bluetooth settings on my phone and that doesn't seem to be a problem now.