Sponsored by:

New issues with Infotainment/GPS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:36 AM
Schoondog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New issues with Infotainment/GPS

So, I was on a fairly long ride, 375 miles. On my way out the GPS worked great getting to my destination but for some unknown reason the clock changed time on me twice, advancing the time by 2 hours. I have it set to GPS time and did not cross any time zones. On day 2 I was unable to put any info into the GPS for my new destination. It would pull up the proper screen but the areas for address, city, state, zip, were not clickable. Had to use my phone to get to my class. When leaving the class and headed home I clicked on the Home setting from the GPS menu and it worked ok that way. Haven't tried putting in an address again yet but will in an hour or so when I get back on and ride. Has anyone else had any similar issues? I am on the newest update 1.18.3

Old 04-19-2015, 07:58 AM
pepe3rd1
Advanced

I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't get this infotainment system working properly. I'm avoiding updating till I hear most not having problems. This is the biggest pet peeve I have with HD. Even using intercom while playing tunes is a gamble, with VOC so finicky.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:01 AM
Schoondog
Cruiser

Some other issues I had involved LAG. Incredible LAG while I had the CB on and was listening to truckers for traffic reports. Try and adjust the squelch and it literally took 4-5 seconds to reflect on the screen what I was doing with the thumb controls.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 AM
LOTL
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree its hard to believe that they can't get this right. They are probably at a point now where they have to try and make it right versus going with another company that can make a decent head unit.
I updated to the newest firmware just before a trip this weekend. Using the GPS the whole trip along with playing music off of my flash drive. Everything went well for the first few hours yesterday but then every time the GPS announced a turn the music would not restart. I had to skip to the next song. Then after shutting the bike off, it would start working again and then a period of time later it would do the same thing. Waiting for the dam thing to boot and then waiting for the GPS to get a fix when your in a hurry is frustrating as well. Hopefully someone will come up with an aftermarket replacement that works someday.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I've not had a lick of trouble.

I believe they got it right.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,929 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan

Sir,
I think you posted to the wrong thread, this one is for infotainment bashing.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:42 AM
andywe
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldMike
Sir,
I think you posted to the wrong thread, this one is for infotainment bashing.
Lol..I am a techie and work on a lot of devices like this. Yep..it's got quirks...1 out of every 4 or 5 times I turn on the bike, phone pairs and music starts playing I then hit the run switch dn start and then I lose volume control. Track skip works but volume doesn't. Shut off (reboot) and all si well. the new firmware (.3) did help the nav system, and for those with a NAV issue, Navionics did have an upgrade I took when I bought the bike. the book manual had a card with a code int it, and it is separate from the firmware you download from Harley. Try that as it did help me. Nav has worked fine with no issues since I took that update in December.

What I want to know is why the hell I can use voice on ym bluetooth headset for nav and music? the support the protocols, just not voice. Sucks since I paid extra for the radio for that purpose. I don't have an ultra, I have a special which the left off the mic ports (I prefer wireless anyway). I need to be able tog et calls from my wife as she has medical issue so I have to know if something has gone wrong. I ignore everyone else except my brothers.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:46 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan

No issues with mine either.
GPS works, loading new routes into it works.
I let the bike run low on fuel, and the NAV message popped up on screen asking to direct to nearest gas station. It took me right there.

iPod plays music as it should. Playlists work.

I have not tried to use the headset or CB though.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:49 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,929 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I've had good results getting where I want to go using the GPS while listening to the radio and once used music on a memory stick, but I don't push it to do everything it is designed to do.
WTF is a blue tooth?

Old 04-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Schoondog
So, I was on a fairly long ride, 375 miles. On my way out the GPS worked great getting to my destination but for some unknown reason the clock changed time on me twice, advancing the time by 2 hours. I have it set to GPS time and did not cross any time zones. On day 2 I was unable to put any info into the GPS for my new destination. It would pull up the proper screen but the areas for address, city, state, zip, were not clickable. Had to use my phone to get to my class. When leaving the class and headed home I clicked on the Home setting from the GPS menu and it worked ok that way. Haven't tried putting in an address again yet but will in an hour or so when I get back on and ride. Has anyone else had any similar issues? I am on the newest update 1.18.3
I haven't experienced your issue of having the system not accept a new destination, but I suspect it was because already had an active navigation route running. The solution for that would be to cancel current navigation, then select a new destination & start the new route.

I have experienced time jumps of 2 hours, but it's always been related to time zone changes. I haven't seen this issue for a couple software updates. Doesn't sound like your time changes were the same issue as mine since it sounds like yours was the arrival destination time display that is user selectable for the data fields in the NAV screen (and not the basic system time)?

Quick Reply: New issues with Infotainment/GPS