Sponsored by:

This Rain Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default This Rain Sucks

It's been raining here in the south especially in La for the past week. About sick of it my self, but yesterday I road about 130mile from NO back home it rained all the way. There are plenty things I don't care for when riding in the rain and wet roads but from my knees down get soaked. It takes a while in heavy rain but eventually my boots and pant leg will get drenched. I can reach down and try to figure where the water is blowing from but I'm not sure where. I wondering is there some type of deflector or rain guard or fender flap that's known of that could help.
Thanks
Gwax

Old 04-17-2015, 09:50 AM
VineRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rain gear is pretty cheap . Harley rain gear is actually pretty inexpensive and works well. I am not sure you can stop the rain from hitting you, but you can put on gear to keep you dry

Old 04-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by VineRider
Rain gear is pretty cheap . Harley rain gear is actually pretty inexpensive and works well. I am not sure you can stop the rain from hitting you, but you can put on gear to keep you dry
I had a rain gear jacket on but recently cleaned out my bags and didt put my frogg togg pants back in, found then this morning. That 2+ hour ride in the rain would not been as bad if my knees down didn't get so wet. The engine needs air of corse but if I can't figure where most of the water is coming from maybe a simple deflector could help some, then I may get too hot on dry days? Just asking if anybody figured this and added something simple that worked. thanks

Last edited by Gwaxley; 04-17-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:32 AM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn, wish it was raining here.....I shoveled 14" off of this deck at dark last night, around 28"-30" so far and no sign of letting up!

Attached Thumbnails This Rain Sucks-image.jpg  
Old 04-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mohawkpan
Damn, wish it was raining here.....I shoveled 14" off of this deck at dark last night, around 28"-30" so far and no sign of letting up!
I hear you, seen the weather map. We lived in woodland park a couple years, it was beautiful. After talking to my son, thinking most of the water is being thrown up by the front tire. A lowered front fender skirt or a retractable skirt that would retract if you did not want it down or if you run over a curb edge and hit it? A lowered custom fender would be nice until I hit it and bent it up?

Old 04-17-2015, 02:08 PM
VineRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
I had a rain gear jacket on but recently cleaned out my bags and didt put my frogg togg pants back in, found then this morning. That 2+ hour ride in the rain would not been as bad if my knees down didn't get so wet. The engine needs air of corse but if I can't figure where most of the water is coming from maybe a simple deflector could help some, then I may get too hot on dry days? Just asking if anybody figured this and added something simple that worked. thanks

I hear ya...the only problem with the rain gear is that it's a pain to put on when you're on the side of the road in the rain