Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installation and pics of a Sirius Cree LED install. Stock vs LED Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:59 AM
IRONIC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have adjust the headlamp to re-align the beam ??

Old 04-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Badass14
Advanced

Ordered mine today. I may try to turn one north and south and the other east and west just to see if there is a difference in the light void. Worth a shot anyway. Looks way better than the stock. I'll post a couple pics once installed.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For $10 more Sirius offers the non fan version on their website. I think I would try these to see if they offer and better light output. If nothing else the wire mesh heatsink might offer a better install.
http://www.siriusled.net/collections...led-head-light

Old 04-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Badass14
Advanced

Originally Posted by IRONIC
Did you have adjust the headlamp to re-align the beam ??

Shouldn't have to adjust the headlamp if you take the fairing off unless it was already high/low from the factory.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:13 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
For $10 more Sirius offers the non fan version on their website. I think I would try these to see if they offer and better light output. If nothing else the wire mesh heatsink might offer a better install.
http://www.siriusled.net/collections...led-head-light
These are 500 lumens brighter too. If I had found these on Amazon would have probably got them. I am curious to see how they work. I could always transfer my current ones to one of my vehicles.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:18 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocket67
These are 500 lumens brighter too. If I had found these on Amazon would have probably got them. I am curious to see how they work. I could always transfer my current ones to one of my vehicles.
They do have them on Amazon, $15 more than the fan versions. Cool!

Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was set on getting them for my bike but bought the Magic Storbes instead when they emailed me Monday. Now I want the damn tri-bar light from CD to complete the backend LED change over. Then I'll either order these replacement bulbs or break down and buy a true LED headlight. I was hoping these LED bulbs would offer us a better option than the Trucklite. You hear so much about the light cut off when cornering with the replacement LED headlights I was hoping these bulbs in the stock reflector would offer good light spread in a broad pattern that would still light up the road in the turns. Would be very interesting to see a before and after or side by side between the Trucklite and these bulbs. Any volunteers...lol

Old 04-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Racin929
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Funny. I just rode with my friend with truck lite. He couldnt believe the difference from his to mine. SO MUCH so that we thought the truck lite wasnt adjusted, and/or was defective. The bulbs are THAT much brighter. Unfortunately, we didnt get pics.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Racin929
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Badass14
Ordered mine today. I may try to turn one north and south and the other east and west just to see if there is a difference in the light void. Worth a shot anyway. Looks way better than the stock. I'll post a couple pics once installed.
It will look badass, um Badass.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:00 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Racin929
Funny. I just rode with my friend with truck lite. He couldnt believe the difference from his to mine. SO MUCH so that we thought the truck lite wasnt adjusted, and/or was defective. The bulbs are THAT much brighter. Unfortunately, we didnt get pics.
Good to know. I have ridden at night a couple of times and keep forgetting I am not running my brights.

Quick Reply: Installation and pics of a Sirius Cree LED install. Stock vs LED Bulb