Sponsored by:

Head Sets

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 01:40 PM
NWRider75
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Sets

When my wife rides we where are full face helmets with the HD headsets. My issue is with the sound quality of the speakers while listening to music. It's not good and the volume level is not great.

1. Does anyone know of an in ear model of headset?

2. Has anyone put an in ear on their current headset? Can you just clip and splice?

Thanks in advanced

Old 04-03-2015, 07:13 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,197 Posts

I am a little surprised - my sound is perfect with the headsets.

But honestly, try using the bike speakers instead of the headset.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another satisfied customer with the HD headset.

I did consider cutting speakers off and adding ear buds for my wife. In the end a different helmet fixed the difficulty she was having. Speakers were pushing in her ears causing pain after a short period.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:01 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,183 Posts

As long as your not looking for intercom, Bluetooth wireless headsets work well. And also act as ear plugs. I use a set of Backbeat head phones.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:36 PM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER73
As long as your not looking for intercom, Bluetooth wireless headsets work well. And also act as ear plugs. I use a set of Backbeat head phones.
I am lost as to how this works -- must admit to being a bit Bluetooth challenged but would really like to be wireless and have ear plugs -- I am already hearing challenged so ear plugs are a good thing --- both to hear and limit the general riding noise -- so please explain a bit more for this challenged individual -- and I am a solo rider on a Limited so intercom is not and issue -- just need to converse with other riders via the CB

Last edited by woodmnctry; 04-03-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:32 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,183 Posts

If you have a Bluetooth device, ex. phone radio or CB you can pair it to the headphones. Not sure how it word work for CB.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:35 PM
JD HD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
I am lost as to how this works -- must admit to being a bit Bluetooth challenged but would really like to be wireless and have ear plugs -- I am already hearing challenged so ear plugs are a good thing --- both to hear and limit the general riding noise -- so please explain a bit more for this challenged individual -- and I am a solo rider on a Limited so intercom is not and issue -- just need to converse with other riders via the CB
You can write off Bluetooth if you are using the CB. You need to be plugged in for that.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:00 PM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sooooo --- how do I use the "plug" and connect to ear buds?

Old 01-02-2016, 08:38 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

PHP Code:

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
Sooooo --- how do I use the "plug" and connect to ear buds?
You don't. At least not with a moco accessory. Check out Sena, Chatterbox and other aftermarket comm manufacturers for bluetooth solutions. Just understand that the Boom! don't play nicely with bluetooth and earbuds.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:01 AM
omgtkk
Road Master

Let's back up a little bit. Before you start thinking about changing to earbuds or bluetooth, let's see if we can make your current headset work a little better. If you have poor sound quality and low volume with the standard Harley headsets, it's probably because the headset speakers are too far from your ears. If the drivers aren't pretty close to your ears you will have no bass response and low volume. Try taking the speakers out and putting something behind them to bring them closer to your ears without actually touching. Experiment with circles of cardboard until you find the right thickness. If that fixes your sound and volume issues, then find a way to permanently mount them and you shold be good to go. You can also go the extra step and custom cut a ring of soft foam to fill in the ear pocket in your helmet around the speaker. This will seal it better to your ear and give you much better bass. I've been using Harley and J&M headsets this way in my full and open face helmets and can't run the radio at more than about 2/3rds volume without blowing out my ears.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Head Sets