Sponsored by:

Whats a fair price for 2015 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Bluking06
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Whats a fair price for 2015 Road Glide Special

I am about to get back on the saddle again, whats a fair price for a Road Glide Special? The dealer was going to take off freight and setup, he said since it is the end of the month he may can get the manager to knock off $1,000.00 off the MSRP. So I was wondering what folks are paying. Thanks in advance....

Old 04-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Screaminz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like a pretty good bargain. I was only able to negotiate the setup, warranty, and a bit off the freight.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:36 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

Don't worry about things like MSRP, freight, dealer prep and how they arrive at their numbers - ask for the OTD - Out the door price and see how far you can talk them down from there - don't be afraid to ask for things to sweeten the pot: first service free, 20% parts you want to buy and have put on before you pick up the bike - then depending on how close other dealers are - shop that quote around - don't feel you have to accept any amount - although it is the busy selling season and the bike you want may not be there next time you come back
Best with your purchase

Old 04-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Dinger
Road Master

The dealer should have at least $2,000.00 wiggle room to play with. Look at the inventory inside the showroom, most likely there's a lot of bikes and they want to sell them all. If they don't, there's another dealer down the road. Don't be afraid to ask for more, free add-ons, first oil changes, discounts on parts, etc.

What do you have to lose? Get what you want!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

At this time of year, MSRP is a fair price. Everyone is getting the itch to ride again as the weather warms up. That is why I buy my bikes right after Christmas. Weather is terrible and they need to sell those last couple of bike to close out the year.

If i was buying today, I would only care about OTD price as mentioned. Are you trading in? Often dealers can add more to the trade-in then they can take off the MSRP. Also, if you are financing, make sure the interest rate is fair for the market. My dealer was doing 0% on 2014s, but couldn't do the same on 2015s, so I had to pay 2.2%.

Also, I am assuming this isn't your first vehicle purchase, but treat it like any other. Don't sign right away. State your terms. If they dealership can't meet them, walk away. Many times, they will call back. Unless of course it is early April and the Road Glides are selling faster than they can stock them. Then they would rather sell your bike to someone else that is willing to pay sticker.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I second that MSRP is a fair price this time of year and especially in the southern states where riding season has began. And if you calculate in that the RG is new this year it wouldn't suprise me to see dealers try and charge over MSRP.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:49 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Being that it's the beginning of the riding season (for most of us) and the return of the RG, I'd say that's a pretty fair deal. Maybe try to get the setup knocked off since it's a pretty minimal amount of labor. You could also try to get the 1000k tossed in. If you have a trade, make sure you're getting a fair price for that. They could low ball you to offset the other "discounts". Like JMC22 said, the total price is what I would look at.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:23 PM
chopperguytampa
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ganooch
At this time of year, MSRP is a fair price. Everyone is getting the itch to ride again as the weather warms up. That is why I buy my bikes right after Christmas. Weather is terrible and they need to sell those last couple of bike to close out the year.

If i was buying today, I would only care about OTD price as mentioned. Are you trading in? Often dealers can add more to the trade-in then they can take off the MSRP. Also, if you are financing, make sure the interest rate is fair for the market. My dealer was doing 0% on 2014s, but couldn't do the same on 2015s, so I had to pay 2.2%.

Also, I am assuming this isn't your first vehicle purchase, but treat it like any other. Don't sign right away. State your terms. If they dealership can't meet them, walk away. Many times, they will call back. Unless of course it is early April and the Road Glides are selling faster than they can stock them. Then they would rather sell your bike to someone else that is willing to pay sticker.

Harley doesnt even have 2.2% financing on touring models? So how did you get that rate?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperguytampa
Harley doesnt even have 2.2% financing on touring models? So how did you get that rate?
Through another bank via the dealer (not HD Finance).

Old 04-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,575 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Where you buy your bike may make a difference. Out here in the oil patch the local economy is declining and we've had quite a few layoffs. Dealers may be willing to deal more. I just sent out for quotes in WY, Colorado and here in UT to see what they might do on a FLHTK.

Quick Reply: Whats a fair price for 2015 Road Glide Special