2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Corbin Seat on my 2015 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015 | 06:10 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

The seat looks great on the bike! How is the seating position compared to the stock seat? I had two Corbin's on my Fatboy and Softtail Custom, on was a Gunfighter and the other was a dual tour. The Gunfighter is one fantastic looking seat, just like the C&C fastback.

Old 03-27-2015 | 06:33 PM
kh24
Tourer

That seat looks awesome on your bike. Really digging how it all flows together

Old 03-27-2015 | 06:49 PM
HDStreetGlide
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Webo
The seat looks great on the bike! How is the seating position compared to the stock seat? I had two Corbin's on my Fatboy and Softtail Custom, on was a Gunfighter and the other was a dual tour. The Gunfighter is one fantastic looking seat, just like the C&C fastback.
Very similar. I'm vertically challenged with a 29" inseam and I am solidly flat footed with both seats! Thanks!

Old 03-27-2015 | 06:55 PM
HDStreetGlide
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by biglipps66
You're going to wish you would not have bought the gunfighter seat. Its MUCH more narrow than the stock and shows terrible paint wear marks on the tank, side panels and rear fender.

How do I know? I rode up and bought one, rode it out of there and turned right back around and said no way. I had them make a custom touring seat like yours but widened the front tank area to hide the paint wear, then shave the rear seat to match the gunfighter rear.

Put it on and see before its too late!
Thanks for the heads up! Interesting though, neither seat touches the side covers and at the tank they are both the same width?

I'm more concerned about the rubber standoff's on the tour seat. They sit a little wider on the fender and I'm concerned they may leave a mark that is visible when I put the gunfighter on. I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Old 05-23-2015 | 05:03 PM
roadrash3
Road Master

How are you still liking both seats, I just made an appointment last week to go down in june. I want the gunfighter for when the tour pack is off and then dual tour for when its on and wife rides. I am not doing the tour back packrest though, wife just doesn't ride enough and stock one is fine.

Old 05-23-2015 | 06:33 PM
HDStreetGlide
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roadrash3
How are you still liking both seats, I just made an appointment last week to go down in june. I want the gunfighter for when the tour pack is off and then dual tour for when its on and wife rides. I am not doing the tour back packrest though, wife just doesn't ride enough and stock one is fine.
I love them. My opinion, Corbin seats are built for the long haul. Did a couple hundred today on the gunfighter no problem. Some people have complained about their customer service but I had no issues at all. Placed my order, they followed up with a phone cal and 4 weeks later, they showed up. Couldn't be happier!

Old 05-24-2015 | 05:48 AM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior

That looks really comfy and it looks great.

Old 05-24-2015 | 06:52 AM
Frankd
6th Gear

Love it, looks great

Old 05-24-2015 | 07:40 AM
r2t2k2
Cruiser

Yeah Corbin service is really hit or miss. I've had a number of Corbin's over the years and I mostly had decent luck, but there have been moments that it less than stellar. The last Corbin I had on my former Kawasaki Concours 14 just wouldn't break-in. I put over 3k miles on it before I gave up. I replaced it with a Sargent that wasn't much better.

Old 05-24-2015 | 03:50 PM
Mello03
Cruiser

Corbin customer service was exceptional when I went and had a custom seat made for my night train. We actually rode to there and got fitted. Was a great experience for sure. I know most can't just head out to Hollister, but if you live in Cal or NV it's a solid option.

Quick Reply: New Corbin Seat on my 2015 Road Glide