2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??

OK the dealers in my area are saying the V&H DD one says the Slimlines would be good too. Problem is I haven't seen any in my area to ask about. So I've done the searchs and read so now that they have been out for a while to those that have them what do you thInk so far? I'm pulling the trigger on this soon but not hearing it first hand isn't helping.
Thanks
Gambat

Old 03-14-2015, 07:40 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Well I might be a little biased, but I just installed the Dresser Duals and I am really liking them. They are paired up with the V&H Hi-Outputs. The sound is deep at idle, throaty on hard acceleration, and very tolerable at 60 mph in 5th gear.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I've heard the V&H dressers w/ monster rds and RH 4" and they both sound great. I'm sure I would be happy with one of those set ups. I've heard the RH 4" and they sound great. Would like to hear them in person on the Slimlines. So feedback from those that have them is going to have to do for now.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have RH 4" with stock head pipes and I like them. Perhaps a bit quiet for some but I'm happy. If you want to make sure folks hear ya you might go with VH. My opinion.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the slimlines and like them, good looks and good quality fit and finish and loud, the way I like it.
But I'm over it, performance, sound and good looks in that order is what I should have considered. I recently installed cams and a dyno tune, the numbers were a little lower than expected. Not sure what the problem is, it could be something with the tuner? But at this point I have good bit of money tied up in this set up.

IMO, start off with FM e-series exhaust and stay with them as you progress in the pursuit of happiness lol. There is a lot of info on this forum from FM (that is worth a lot in its self) this will help as you go through the Stages. That's my 2 cents and I could have saved a few cents a long the way.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:42 AM
casbar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fitted V&H Dresser Duals a couple of weeks ago, have slash cut ovals. Had to put in the quiet baffles, sounds great still, but just tones them down a bit. Really pleased, haven't notices any low down torque differences. Was a toss up between them and the V&H Power Duals, just didn't like the x pipe look

Old 03-15-2015, 07:52 AM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gambat
OK the dealers in my area are saying the V&H DD one says the Slimlines would be good too. Problem is I haven't seen any in my area to ask about. So I've done the searchs and read so now that they have been out for a while to those that have them what do you thInk so far? I'm pulling the trigger on this soon but not hearing it first hand isn't helping.
Thanks
Gambat
Send me your e-mail addy I have sound bytes

Old 03-15-2015, 08:11 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

Here is a before and after of the dresser duals.

Yes, the garage is a mess right now lol. Between ice fishing and snowmobiling I need to do a little spring cleaning. I want to get a video of the after outside once it warms back up again here in Michigan and I want to work a little more with the FP3 mapping in autotune to see how it responds.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 03-15-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Gambat & jester U have e-mail

Old 03-15-2015, 10:52 AM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fullsac

I've got 300 miles on my 2014 Limited and am planning to do stage one at the dealer at 1k miles along with the 1k service. They got a deal of free dyno tune and it's still gonna be high, but I'm planning to do it.
My understanding is that the RH Slimline is not true dual and I'm vaguely hearing that the numbers aren't that good. I spoke at length with the guys at my dealership and seems it's hard to tune the torque dip out of TD headers, and I'm thinking that TD's might make the RH 4 mufflers I want a bit too loud.

Plan right now is to go with the Fullsac DX, Ness sucker, RH 4, and let them dyno tune it. I know many here also do the Jackpot 2-1-2. My dealer recommends the Fullsac, using stock heat shields, and I've been pretty happy with these guys over the years.

Haven't done it yet so any comment appreciated.

Quick Reply: Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??