2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:01 AM
stubby001
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bradja
I've got 300 miles on my 2014 Limited and am planning to do stage one at the dealer at 1k miles along with the 1k service. They got a deal of free dyno tune and it's still gonna be high, but I'm planning to do it.
My understanding is that the RH Slimline is not true dual and I'm vaguely hearing that the numbers aren't that good. I spoke at length with the guys at my dealership and seems it's hard to tune the torque dip out of TD headers, and I'm thinking that TD's might make the RH 4 mufflers I want a bit too loud.

Plan right now is to go with the Fullsac DX, Ness sucker, RH 4, and let them dyno tune it. I know many here also do the Jackpot 2-1-2. My dealer recommends the Fullsac, using stock heat shields, and I've been pretty happy with these guys over the years.

Haven't done it yet so any comment appreciated.
Are the Fullsac head pipes ceramic coated both inside and out?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 AM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stubby001
Are the Fullsac head pipes ceramic coated both inside and out?

Don't know.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:48 AM
eg78
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have dresser duals on my flhtk with 3" fishtail slipons, but i just ordered a full set of RH slimlines with 4" RH slipons. I like the dressers but i find the true duals cut a lot of power from the bike. Also the 3" slipons sound annoying at at anything above around 2700 rpm.

cant wait to install and try my RH's

Old 07-14-2018, 07:35 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 984 Likes on 551 Posts

I say Rinehart.
I had a set on my 2015 FLHTCU.
Really liked the sound and performance.......

Old 07-15-2018, 07:16 PM
eg78
Cruiser

Originally Posted by not a sock
I say Rinehart.
I had a set on my 2015 FLHTCU.
Really liked the sound and performance.......

got my slimlines today, tomorrows the big install. Very exciting!

Old 07-19-2018, 08:29 PM
JBrobeck
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll like the slimlines, I was surprised by the difference, slightly louder than I expected when I fired it up in the garage, however out on the street and freeway, they are nice and mellow when you're cruising, but twist the go fast tube and they bark real nice!

Not A Sock,
What forward controls are you running on your bike, I have been considering making a change, I am not tall (31" inseam) but somehow the floorboards make me feel cramped in the legs, not sure how the tall guys can stand it. I come from a sport bike, and have many miles on a Victory Cross Country, I prefer the leg position on both more than my Street glide, I've added Highway pegs and that helps, but I am looking for a cleaner solution.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:20 AM
eg78
Cruiser

Got em on, ordered an fp3 and hi flow baffles.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:15 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 984 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by JBrobeck
You'll like the slimlines, I was surprised by the difference, slightly louder than I expected when I fired it up in the garage, however out on the street and freeway, they are nice and mellow when you're cruising, but twist the go fast tube and they bark real nice!

Not A Sock,
What forward controls are you running on your bike, I have been considering making a change, I am not tall (31" inseam) but somehow the floorboards make me feel cramped in the legs, not sure how the tall guys can stand it. I come from a sport bike, and have many miles on a Victory Cross Country, I prefer the leg position on both more than my Street glide, I've added Highway pegs and that helps, but I am looking for a cleaner solution.
Jaybrake.
Be sure if you go that route you get the ones for your bike; Rushmore or M8.

There is a difference.............

Old 07-29-2018, 06:34 PM
Serdvd6
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

I had the Vance & Hines Dresser Power Duals and the 450 Destroyer slip on's on a 2015 SGS, they sounded ok, but not really to me on the bike, I was more happy with them when a friend took it for a ride and they sounded much better while not on the bike, I then since purchased a 2016 CVO street glide, I installed the Rinehart Slimline Duals, I think they sound better on and off the bike, I have had people that were ridding with me say they thought it sounded good and what pipes I had. With that being said, I think I would have gone a different route, I would have purchased the Fullsac front DX pipe and purchase the Rinehart Slip On's mufflers, with the Fullsac its the same thumbprint as the stock header pipe but without the cat converter, you would also use your stock heatshields.

https://fullsac.com/product-category/x-pipes/

Old 07-29-2018, 07:25 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

After a few years now I'm still impressed with the Rinehart Slimline Duals header pipe.
At first I ran the stock mufflers, which got a little louder, I went to aftermarket mufflers.
I'm still not satisfied with the sound, so I will be looking at other Bikes to see what they
have for mufflers. So I can hear the sound they put out. Not that I would get rid of my
Slimline Duals, I like the looks of them, just the mufflers.

John

Quick Reply: Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??