2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bradja
I've got 300 miles on my 2014 Limited and am planning to do stage one at the dealer at 1k miles along with the 1k service. They got a deal of free dyno tune and it's still gonna be high, but I'm planning to do it.
My understanding is that the RH Slimline is not true dual and I'm vaguely hearing that the numbers aren't that good. I spoke at length with the guys at my dealership and seems it's hard to tune the torque dip out of TD headers, and I'm thinking that TD's might make the RH 4 mufflers I want a bit too loud.

Plan right now is to go with the Fullsac DX, Ness sucker, RH 4, and let them dyno tune it. I know many here also do the Jackpot 2-1-2. My dealer recommends the Fullsac, using stock heat shields, and I've been pretty happy with these guys over the years.

Haven't done it yet so any comment appreciated.
Fullsac was recommended also and do well with a cam upgrade.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:30 AM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
Fullsac was recommended also and do well with a cam upgrade.
Any cam in mind?

Old 03-16-2015, 04:52 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bradja
Any cam in mind?
Andrews 57H is what I used and happy with them. There's a few others GMR handles a similar cam and tmax. Like I said earlier you can search all this or go with info provided on this forum for FM.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

If you guy's like the tru-duals then know this, you are leaving a lot of power on the table and that's the honest truth ! I'll post you a comparison that Jamie did at Fuel-Moto, these wasn't even his pipe but the customer insisted on the tru-duals and you can see the out come. If and I say that loosely, if I wanted tru-duals then I'd go Rinehart's but you guy's would be better off choosing Fuel-Moto 2-1-2 pipe for the 14's on up or the V&H's Power Duals. If you don't like the look of the x, Kuryakyn has a new straight shield to cover that. Anyway here's the chart.

Attached Thumbnails Rinehart Slimline  or V&H Dresser duals??-wanta_dresservspower.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
wevsspot (08-02-2018)
Old 03-16-2015, 08:58 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

I got the Rinehart Slimline duals and installed the header pipe last weekend. I like the looks,
fit & finish was top notch, Bike runs great. Why did I go with RH Slimline Duals the looks
alone did it for me, and I like that there is a crossover between the two pipes. Over many Bikes
I have had many Exhaust system from, Pythons, Supertrapps, Vance & Hinnes, Kerker,
and a few others for the dirt Bikes. I am not saying bad about any of them, they all worked
great, a few rusted out just passed the warranty period. Will see how the RH Slimline Duals
work out, quality looks out standing.

Last edited by OldPhat; 03-16-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Felix 808
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
If you guy's like the tru-duals then know this, you are leaving a lot of power on the table and that's the honest truth ! .
Sometimes it's more about the appearance, feel & sound. I wanted the traditional sound & am not concerned about eking out every last hp on a 900lbs motorcycle. if I'm looking for speed & power I have other toys that fit that need. Needless to say I went with the dresser duals & slash cuts & find myself happy with that decision.

YMMV

Old 03-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Fuel Moto's comparison does show the performance difference but it is also done on a upgraded motor not stock. For a basic stage 1 upgrade (AC/Pipes/Mufflers/Tuner) any of the pipes mentioned will give a performance increase. Question is how much and can you justify the cost...I'm not looking for bragging rights but I don't want to go backwards either. Is there that much of a difference between true duals or the x-pipes at the stock level?? I think most of us look at the dyno#'s to get an idea of what kind of overall performance we could expect. From limited info (dyno sheets) I can find on the Rinehart Slimlines, on paper they are holding there own with the PD and X-pipes. Problem is I haven't seen any in my area and even on here seems that not a lot of people are running them and I don't know why... I'm doing the stage 1, only hold up is pipe selection. Need to go listen and talk a few more people....
Gambat

Old 03-19-2015, 09:07 PM
merdahl
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am running slimlines on my '14 FLHTK. They look good, sound good and the bike runs great.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

[QUOTE=Gambat;13806796]OK the dealers in my area are saying the V&H DD one says the Slimlines would be good too. Problem is I haven't seen any in my area to ask about. So I've done the searchs and read so now that they have been out for a while to those that have them what do you thInk so far? I'm pulling the trigger on this soon but not hearing it first hand isn't helping.
Thanks
Gambat[/QUOTE

just looked at a dyno chart on another forum. 87hp with stage1 and slimlines those are good numbers. About 4hp more that my original run, without the cam change. And the same 4hp that I was looking for when I mentioned the hp was a little lower that expected. my issue maybe more to do with the (tuners) than with the exhaust system.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the Dresser duals and like them a lot. If I had to bitch about something my only bitch would be the heat shields. V&H took all the time to make them wrap way around the head pipe and under the bike but left a huge gap where the head pipe meets the head.

Quick Reply: Rinehart Slimline or V&H Dresser duals??