Sponsored by:

heated clothing

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 08:59 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverB
My Harley gloves, made by Gerbing, don't work. My Firstgear heated gloves (and jacket liner) do.
Contact Gerbing. Mine quit working after three years and they fixed them free of charge. I had to pay shipping one way, but what the hell? Well worth it. My gloves are 7 years old now and still work great.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Well-Adjusted Outlaw
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The prices on Gerbing gear are insane! You can buy two sets of jacket, pants, socks, and gloves from FirstGear resellers before you could buy one set of Gerbing.

I've had really good luck with FirstGear, personally. I use the sizing chart they make and everything I've bought has fit well.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:09 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default The Only Difference

Gerbings makes the Harley heated wear stuff - but - there are some differences.

The dual controller sold under the Gerbings brand doesn't come with the clip on pouch to mount it. The Harley branded one does.

When looking at the jacket liners and coats, Gerbings branded are also available in extra long sleeves, Harley branded is not.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:44 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Well-Adjusted Outlaw
The prices on Gerbing gear are insane! You can buy two sets of jacket, pants, socks, and gloves from FirstGear resellers before you could buy one set of Gerbing.

I've had really good luck with FirstGear, personally. I use the sizing chart they make and everything I've bought has fit well.
I just looked into that and the jackets are around $179 plus $90 for temp controller so very close to Harley and Gerbing

Old 03-14-2015, 07:11 PM
RSDUDA
Road Captain

Ordered the Harley dual source water proof jacket today look very well built I believe I will be happy with it thanks for all the help

Old 03-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Dirt Devil
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Harley brand jacket liner and pants. I lucked out on the price of both.

Bought the jacket when it was on sale at the local dealer. Got the pants in a separate purchase marked down from $185 to $135 with and additional 30% off of that price.

I have the portable thermostat and the lithium battery kit also. I attend a lot of spring baseball games and sprint car dirt track races in NW Ohio so my gear does double duty. Keeps me warm on the way there , while I'm there and on the way home.

The jacket and pants and battery pack are worth every dollar I've spent on them. While everybody else is freezing their #$^% off I'm siting there toasty warm.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:01 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dirt Devil
I have the Harley brand jacket liner and pants. I lucked out on the price of both.

Bought the jacket when it was on sale at the local dealer. Got the pants in a separate purchase marked down from $185 to $135 with and additional 30% off of that price.

I have the portable thermostat and the lithium battery kit also. I attend a lot of spring baseball games and sprint car dirt track races in NW Ohio so my gear does double duty. Keeps me warm on the way there , while I'm there and on the way home.

The jacket and pants and battery pack are worth every dollar I've spent on them. While everybody else is freezing their #$^% off I'm siting there toasty warm.
I am looking forward to it and I am thinking on the cold days skiing it will come in handy

Old 04-01-2015, 07:00 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain

first test ride with on my new duel source heated jacket and let me tell you I am very happy 42dg and I could have road all day should have done this years ago

Old 04-01-2015, 10:22 AM
dmize
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor. Go to CycleGear and check out the Sedici gear. They are sold out online but local stores are clearance their stock.

127.00 w/ controller and a LIFETIME warranty through the store (or online).

Bought mine last year and absolutely LOVE IT and the price was great!

D.

http://www.cyclegear.com/SEDICI-HOTW...acket-Liner-20

Last edited by dmize; 04-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.