Sponsored by:

Boom USB music organization

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 03:31 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Boom USB music organization

All my vehicles use a USB stick for music. This Boom radio is the first I have come across that doesn't recognize folders. I have read all over about playlists, but can't get them to work. It just plays all songs from all folders in alphabetical order. I'm not using Apple SW or hardware. Windows and a thumb drive. Anyone have any new suggestions? I'm pretty sure I have read all posts so far on this forum, and its not working for me.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2015, 04:00 PM
A206Driver
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 13 Posts

This may be of some help http://boombox.harley-davidson.com/p...tml#track_list Go up to Media, USB, Tracklist

Old 03-01-2015, 04:17 PM
GSHOG
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

To play a random song rather than all in alphabetical order, go to the home screen, audio setup menu and select "shuffle".
Not sure how to set up a playlist.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:31 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member

I have a bazillion songs, on all my other vehicles, I have them sorted in folders., The Boom system doesn't recognize folders but wants playlists. I can't figure out how to make playlists. I tried on Windows Media Player, but they don't work on Boom system.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:41 PM
TodPedro
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default USB Drive Organization

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
All my vehicles use a USB stick for music. This Boom radio is the first I have come across that doesn't recognize folders. I have read all over about playlists, but can't get them to work. It just plays all songs from all folders in alphabetical order. I'm not using Apple SW or hardware. Windows and a thumb drive. Anyone have any new suggestions? I'm pretty sure I have read all posts so far on this forum, and its not working for me.

Thanks!

I have a 16 GIG USB with about 2500 songs on it organized into about 25 folders (A to Z) and inside each of those folders is another folder with the artist and inside those folders it is broken down into folders by album. I made one playlist and put all 2500 songs in it and with the setting "Shuffle" selected it randomly plays from all the folders. These are MP3 files.

Try making a playlist (all MP3 players for the computer have this ability, I believe) and then play that playlist with "Shuffle" selected and it should work. Hope this helps.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
I have a bazillion songs, on all my other vehicles, I have them sorted in folders., The Boom system doesn't recognize folders but wants playlists. I can't figure out how to make playlists. I tried on Windows Media Player, but they don't work on Boom system.

Yep I've fussed about that in previous threads. Arguably the most used media player on the planet and Harley's radio will not recognize the playlists. Any pc that has windows has Windows Media Player where you can create playlists. It will read them from what I've read if you jump through numerous hoops and call NASA for the pitch and yaw settings.

We know about the shuffle, artists and album settings. But if you have say separate country, rock and metal playlists you can't play just those songs.

Last edited by Kilokato; 03-01-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:51 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TodPedro
Try making a playlist (all MP3 players for the computer have this ability, I believe) and then play that playlist with "Shuffle" selected and it should work. Hope this helps.
How do you get Boom to play a playlist? I think you would be one of the few that has this ability and I'd love to know your secrete.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:18 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I play country or rock just by selecting the appropriate genre.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kilokato
Yep I've fussed about that in previous threads. Arguably the most used media player on the planet and Harley's radio will not recognize the playlists. Any pc that has windows has Windows Media Player where you can create playlists. It will read them from what I've read if you jump through numerous hoops and call NASA for the pitch and yaw settings.

We know about the shuffle, artists and album settings. But if you have say separate country, rock and metal playlists you can't play just those songs.
Yep, I have 3 cars that play USBs or camera cards, and they show artist folder, then album name folder, but not the Boom. I want to easily browse thru folders until I locate the song I want. Not large groups like Genres or even worse shuffle. That's as bad as radio. I guess I should be happy that this is my only complaint for the new bike!

Old 03-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed. Trying to figure out the same playlist issue.

Quick Reply: Boom USB music organization