Sponsored by:

New plan , South or North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM
fistbump
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New plan , South or North Carolina

OK here's the deal . Picking up a new Ultra Low Mar 21st. . Heading south for 20 glorious days Mar 26th. . I`ve actually kinda touched on this before but now will plan whole vacation around which dealer is the most awesome in all the Carolina's for the first service . I know , I know , they all have there good points but there has got to be a number one out there.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:42 AM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if they are the best dealer in all of Carolina but Thunder Tower in Columbia SC sure treats me good

Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Rommel HD in Durham NC is very Customer oriented. They take great care of customers. Of course you still spend Hundred Dollars!!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:40 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Living in SC, and frequently riding the mountains of both SC and NC, I would personally spend a few days in the mountains and then a few days at the coast. That said, you should swing through TN, stop in Maryville, and visit Smoky mountain Harley. Then take the Dragon US129 to #28 Moonshiner run over to #19. Stop in Cherokee, then go to Maggie valley, then shoot the BlueRidge over to Asheville Harley Davidson ( I bought mine there). Then from Asheville, you go south on I-26 to I-20, and can stop at Thunder Tower. Harley Haven is in Columbia too. Stop at both. Then either you could zip over to myrtle beach, or zip down to Charleston to Low Country Harley. I'd map out a dozen or so dealerships, and hit them all, and see more places. Good luck on your choices, ride safe!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:48 AM
Maddman
Advanced

still gonna be hella cold in mts of nc and tenn

Old 02-27-2015, 06:57 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Maddman
still gonna be hella cold in mts of nc and tenn
I initially thought the same, but since he's coming from Canada, I figured he's acclimated or got the gear!!

Old 02-27-2015, 10:39 AM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 535 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by fistbump
OK here's the deal . Picking up a new Ultra Low Mar 21st. . Heading south for 20 glorious days Mar 26th. . I`ve actually kinda touched on this before but now will plan whole vacation around which dealer is the most awesome in all the Carolina's for the first service . I know , I know , they all have there good points but there has got to be a number one out there.

I can't comment on the first service but I would definitely recommend Low Country HD in Charleston SC. They are, without a doubt, the most customer service oriented dealership I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Low Country, Myrtle Beach & North Myrtle Beach are all owned by 'Grumpy'. Met Grumpy at Myrtle Beach Bike Week 2011 when my girlfriends bike had engine failure. He had it sent to Low Country to be repaired by his 'Sportster' tech. I'm still amazed at how well we were treated. A few years later, I also had engine failure on my 09 while in Charleston, SC in the early stages of a road trip. I can't get over how the entire staff went out of their way to make sure the my situation was as pleasant as possible.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:25 PM
MriMan47201
Intermediate

https://www.facebook.com/harleyhaven We stopped here on the way back from Myrtle Beach just yesterday. Nice place and nice people in the showroom. Northwest of Columbia, SC

Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 PM
mnbnd
Road Captain
Received 341 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
Living in SC, and frequently riding the mountains of both SC and NC, I would personally spend a few days in the mountains and then a few days at the coast. That said, you should swing through TN, stop in Maryville, and visit Smoky mountain Harley. Then take the Dragon US129 to #28 Moonshiner run over to #19. Stop in Cherokee, then go to Maggie valley, then shoot the BlueRidge over to Asheville Harley Davidson ( I bought mine there). Then from Asheville, you go south on I-26 to I-20, and can stop at Thunder Tower. Harley Haven is in Columbia too. Stop at both. Then either you could zip over to myrtle beach, or zip down to Charleston to Low Country Harley. I'd map out a dozen or so dealerships, and hit them all, and see more places. Good luck on your choices, ride safe!
Totally agree! Pretty much did this exact route - one of the best in that part of the country. Smoky Mountain Harley is top notch!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 11:29 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
I been wanting to see the dragon, looks like April is going to work out. I had no clue where else to go or routs but you directions sound like fun. Thanks

Quick Reply: New plan , South or North Carolina