Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015 | 09:36 PM
chrisrugFLHX
Intermediate

IMO thats the best job done on stock wheels ive seen so far

Old 02-27-2015 | 09:46 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

In my quest for it to be a true "do it yourself" project--I wish we could ship our wheels to Sport Chrome just as we take them off the bike, with tires and bearings intact and they could send them back to us ready to go on the bike.

Old 03-02-2015 | 07:32 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chrisrugFLHX
IMO thats the best job done on stock wheels ive seen so far
Thanks! We feel the same way.

Old 03-02-2015 | 07:35 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lyork
In my quest for it to be a true "do it yourself" project--I wish we could ship our wheels to Sport Chrome just as we take them off the bike, with tires and bearings intact and they could send them back to us ready to go on the bike.
We currently do offer wheel installation kits with bearings, spacers, valve stems and Dyna-Bead balancing beads. We also have tires in stock. However we do not currently have a tech on staff full time. We are looking at hiring another tech in the near future.

Old 03-02-2015 | 07:38 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GEORGEW
I looked around on the net for a long time trying to get feed back on Chroming Harley Parts ... I decided to go with Sport Chrome... I have a set of Enforcer Wheels, Rotors, Rotor Hardware and Fork Legs at there place right now ....When I receive My Newly Chrome Parts I'll give My Review !!
Great! Thank you for your business!

Old 03-02-2015 | 11:30 PM
gwellis
Tourer

wHAT IS THE TURNAROUND TIME?

Old 03-03-2015 | 07:43 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by gwellis
I just talked to them last night, turn around time is currently about 5-6 weeks with shipping.

Old 03-03-2015 | 07:43 AM
GEORGEW
Road Master

Originally Posted by gwellis
Let me see if I can answer your question ...As I said in an early post I looked around for a while before sending My Wheels to Sport Chrome.. So here's how I decided on them... I live in a small town in Kentucky ,, As I grew up I have had a LOT of Home Cooked Meals .. Anyone that knows about Country Cooking knows that it takes a while to put a spread on the table.. As I entered the Working World there where a LOT of times when Fast Food was the only choice.. I know Lots and Lots of people that could eat Country Cooking every Day!! I can't think of anyone I know that wants eat Fast Food every Day!!! So to answer your question I was told it would take about 4-6 weeks for my wheels...That's fine with me because I will have to look at those wheels every Day!!

Hope this Helps!!

Old 03-03-2015 | 03:10 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the insight George, as well as your vote of confidence!

Yes we are extremely busy right now and 4-6 weeks is accurate.

The process is long due mainly to the amount of quality checks we do. Your order will be worked on the entire time it is here, I don't want anyone to think that an order will sit for a month and then we whip it all together in a day or two. It just takes a long time to get the results our clients expect.

Old 03-03-2015 | 05:30 PM
Sunnyday91360
Road Captain

Is everyone having the back wheel chromed as well. It would just kill me to spend all that money and time for something I can barely see, especially on my SGS. Did I miss it? How much to have SportChrome chrome the enforcer rim(s).

Quick Reply: Who can "chrome" my Enforcer wheels?