Sponsored by:

2014 Roadking lowering shocks question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 835 Posts
Default 2014 Roadking lowering shocks question

Oh fellas I only want to hear from members that have installed lowering shocks on Rushmore Roadkings. I have HD Low profile shocks and a set of lowering blocks. This seems to work for me. I keep reading articles that the blocks can stress and break. So I want to get some lowering shocks. I want to hear from members running 11 inch or 10.5. I see on Ebay that Burley makes 10.5. Progressive makes 11. I havn't seen Ohlins on there.

So, let me know from experience. Who has done this and what type do you have. Also has anyone sent their Roadking seat to Meancity. How was that experience.

I have read several forums here that get way off track from the original question so please, Replies only from 14/15 Roadking owners with experience. Thank you

Old 02-15-2015, 07:28 AM
Big Money
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I had my low profile touring shocks shortened to 11", Bitchin Baggers shortened them. Ride the same as they did before they shortened them, I've had them a little over a year. They do very nice work, you can't tell they were ever apart. Very reasonable priced, less than $200 if I remember.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
Oh fellas I only want to hear from members that have installed lowering shocks on Rushmore Roadkings. I have HD Low profile shocks and a set of lowering blocks. This seems to work for me. I keep reading articles that the blocks can stress and break. So I want to get some lowering shocks. I want to hear from members running 11 inch or 10.5. I see on Ebay that Burley makes 10.5. Progressive makes 11. I havn't seen Ohlins on there.

So, let me know from experience. Who has done this and what type do you have. Also has anyone sent their Roadking seat to Meancity. How was that experience.

I have read several forums here that get way off track from the original question so please, Replies only from 14/15 Roadking owners with experience. Thank you
Why would you limit your replies to only 14/15 Roadking owners? There is no difference in the shocks or lowering kits made for the bikes at all...And lots of us have sent seats to Mean City to get modded too...

Old 02-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

Hey, themouth, not everyone wants a Rushmore with infotaintment. There ought be a new thread titled, Rushmore "I cant get my infotainment to work." And FYI, there are at least double that Roadking owners on here. So if you have nothing to add to my post, then go help others that can't figure out how to text to speak into their headsets.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
Hey, themouth, not everyone wants a Rushmore with infotaintment. There ought be a new thread titled, Rushmore "I cant get my infotainment to work." And FYI, there are at least double that Roadking owners on here. So if you have nothing to add to my post, then go help others that can't figure out how to text to speak into their headsets.
deleted

Last edited by Pine Tree; 02-16-2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: inappropriate comment
Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

Well why did you answer my question with a question then? I was very specific in what I was asking. I wanted answers from Roadking owners only and I was asking what experience you have with your specific brand of shocks and the seats. Re-read your "answer" to my question. Did you post anything productive? It doesn't say what brand you bought, how you like them, how was your experience with Meancity cycle. Why am I trying to explain myself to you? That is the problem with this forum. Look at some of the posts. Bikers asking good questions and people post rude comments. I appreciate some of the responses here. They are very helpful. And some of the funny comments are just that, good old biker humor. And as for disrespecting another biker, that is very unprofessional. So good riddance.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,105 Posts

This is a Harley forum where all are excepted here from every walk and talk of life. Sounds like someone needs to back away from the keyboard for a few minutes.

Allen, BadX, with MeanCity is the best. An honest vendor/sponsor on this site. He started here with a garage shop and has grown to what he has today. I've done business with him several times and have met him face to face. Businessmen like Allen don't come around very often but when they do we are blessed to have him.

I highly suggest the OP contact him right away.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...-seat-mod.html

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 02-16-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Wiz. I think I will try lowering the seat first, then I might be able to take off the lowering blocks and just go with the low HD shocks I already have. If that isn't enough, then I will look for other shocks. Still need info on what others are running on their Rushmore Roadkings.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:12 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm running the same thing on my Road King the other touring bikes are running.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by load97
I'm running the same thing on my Road King the other touring bikes are running.

Hope that helps.

What brand you running Load?

Quick Reply: 2014 Roadking lowering shocks question