Sponsored by:

Boom Stock, StageI, & StageII Online Demo

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 11:46 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 103 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Boom Stock, StageI, & StageII Online Demo

I found a youtube link here & wanted to share to all, someone who recorded, via smartphone, the same audio demo I head at a local dealer and it kinda confirms what I experienced regarding the night & day difference with no amp vs with amp...however, the difference between stageI vs stageII is hardly discernible, IMO...

I am not really an audio expert, but what is convincing me to add an AMP to my stock boom system, was when I heard at a local HD dealer the boom system demo where you can test hear the NO AMP stock boom system vs WITH AMP boom system. They even had the stage1 & stageII demo and I could not actually discern any difference and I am sure there is one, but I have to really listen hard...

I also posted this on the audio section

Old 02-12-2015, 12:49 PM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just had the Boom Stage 1 completed, along with the 300 watt Amp. I am VERY happy with the results. It's like night and day.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:56 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by harleymike77
I just had the Boom Stage 1 completed, along with the 300 watt Amp. I am VERY happy with the results. It's like night and day.
I agree with Harleymike. The amp and 6.5 speakers make a VERY noticeable difference. The Stage II sounds very good, but I am having issues with mine which I'm trying to work out. I'm not sure just yet if the Stage II system is worth the investment. Time will tell. One thing that I have noticed is that the rear tourpack Stage II speakers sound awesome. You can feel the bass (when the bike isn't running).

Old 02-12-2015, 12:56 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Adam Smith has the same setup. Like other's, I hear a little, but not much of a difference between stage I and II. The funny thing is, on my 13 UC, I did the Biketronics setup and have a neighbor that did the complete BT and it's hard to tell the difference between stage I and his BT system with his Alpine HU. He's thinking about changing out the speakers for some Focals.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:39 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master

Here's another video of the Stage II system

Last edited by dgreen1069; 02-13-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:41 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master

Originally Posted by FinalShot
Adam Smith has the same setup. Like other's, I hear a little, but not much of a difference between stage I and II. The funny thing is, on my 13 UC, I did the Biketronics setup and have a neighbor that did the complete BT and it's hard to tell the difference between stage I and his BT system with his Alpine HU. He's thinking about changing out the speakers for some Focals.
Did you and your neighbor both have the Biketronics setup?

Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Did you and your neighbor both have the Biketronics setup?
For a couple months, yes. I had a 13 Ultra Classic that I went with their 7.1 front and rear and their 4 channel amp. He elected to change out his head unit at the same time and he went with Alpine unit along with 71. front and back.

that setup on my 13 was MUCH better than the stock HK system and I think overall, it's a nice setup.

Back in October, I traded in my 13 for a 15CVO. Comparing the Stage I to his BT setup, can't tell any difference. With a cheap android app for decibels, he gets 1.4 decibels more in total volume but at the highest level, it's distorted a little. So, he's thinking about changing the speaker.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:47 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 103 Likes on 50 Posts

Here's another video of the Stage II system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuPA...ature=youtu.be
Wow that sounds really great...you must have woken up the neighbors...lol...

I'm sure it sounds much better in person. I did not hear any clipping or distortion...

Old 05-09-2015, 10:44 PM
styxstra
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big problems with stage two boom

I was in Florida and demoed the boom to and it sounded phenomenal that's what sold me on buying a Harley had the dealer install on my ultra and it sucks snack crackles and pops and there's no base something terribly wrong any ideas. ??
I agree with Harleymike. The amp and 6.5 speakers make a VERY noticeable difference. The Stage II sounds very good, but I am having issues with mine which I'm trying to work out. I'm not sure just yet if the Stage II system is worth the investment. Time will tell. One thing that I have noticed is that the rear tourpack Stage II speakers sound awesome. You can feel the bass (when the bike isn't running).

Old 05-09-2015, 11:24 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master

Originally Posted by styxstra
I was in Florida and demoed the boom to and it sounded phenomenal that's what sold me on buying a Harley had the dealer install on my ultra and it sucks snack crackles and pops and there's no base something terribly wrong any ideas. ??
If you are talking about the Stage II speakers, then yes there is a problem. Mine sounded pretty darn good in the garage, but it would cut out at times. On the road it was a different animal. I also heard plenty of crackles and pops. Harley doesn't seem to know what the issue is......several people have had the same issue. I ultimately had the system removed any my stereo put back to the Stage I.

Quick Reply: Boom Stock, StageI, & StageII Online Demo