Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Half-Assed HD Garage Door Opener Install 91558-01B

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Don81
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Perhaps polite doesn't work on this board?

How about this..

Nobody gives a **** about your ****ing phone, your ****ing genie fob, or your ****ing momentary button soldered to something.

**** off

Old 07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Don81

How about this..

Nobody gives a **** about your ****ing phone, your ****ing genie fob, or your ****ing momentary button soldered to something.

**** off

Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,547 Likes on 3,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Don81

How about this..

**** off
+1

For the life of me, I can't figure out how people can write a post, however they can't read and comprehend one.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:19 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Default 2014 Half-Assed HD Garage Door Opener Install 91558-01B

Originally Posted by BadRap
Thanks for the write up on the Garage Door Opener. I think this accessory is really a great idea that is well worth the money at $139.00. I just purchased a new 2015 SGS CVO with the dual LED headlight and am 95% complete with the install, however I am now at a crossroad. The instructions, page 16, connecting the white wire from the transmitter to the "blue/white" wire going to the headlight states to cut the blue/white wire and connect the white transmitter wire in a "one into one" splice configuration... I would have thought that it would have been two into one?? Anyway if it is one to one, are you connecting the white transmitter wire to the blue/white wire LEADING BACK TO THE BATTERY, (OR), are you connecting the white transmitter wire to the blue/white wire LEADING TO THE HEADLIGHT? The directions do not state which way to connect the white transmitter wire and a call to HD wasn't any help. They understood my problem but did not know the answer. I certainly agree with you that this is a extremely "universal" kit and could have been tailered more as a plug and play to our bikes. Thanks in advance, really want to get my bike back together.
Tim 928-566-5335 Arizona
Sorry, I'm out of state on my bike ATM. But iirc the white wire goes to the blue/white wire from headlight. There really is no 3 in to 1 like it says. It's a goofy instruction. Sure enjoy not having another device to put or mount anywhere. Hope that helps.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:20 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Default 2014 Half-Assed HD Garage Door Opener Install 91558-01B

Also, not sure how I got your pm as you don't have enough posts to send, but hope this helps you.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:40 PM
polbit
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

/removed/

Old 07-24-2015, 07:53 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TurkeyRun
Yup, I bought 4 of these for like $20 each and keep them in my pockets. Means I have a flash light with me all the time too :-D

I'm with you. I carry one in my shirt pocket when I ride, when I get home I tap my pocket and the garage door opens - magic!

Old 07-24-2015, 08:33 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

I really like the HD garage door opener. Installed on my 14 Limited. Has worked flawlessly for almost two years.

With that said, it should be standard equipment. At minimum Harley should pre-wire for the accessory. It should be a easy setup....it's not. Once properly instàlled you will really like it.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:39 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

My solution isn't as cool as the OP's. I just put the garage door opener in the dash storage...

Old 07-24-2015, 10:38 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BadRap
Thanks for the write up on the Garage Door Opener. I think this accessory is really a great idea that is well worth the money at $139.00. I just purchased a new 2015 SGS CVO with the dual LED headlight and am 95% complete with the install, however I am now at a crossroad. The instructions, page 16, connecting the white wire from the transmitter to the "blue/white" wire going to the headlight states to cut the blue/white wire and connect the white transmitter wire in a "one into one" splice configuration... I would have thought that it would have been two into one?? Anyway if it is one to one, are you connecting the white transmitter wire to the blue/white wire LEADING BACK TO THE BATTERY, (OR), are you connecting the white transmitter wire to the blue/white wire LEADING TO THE HEADLIGHT? The directions do not state which way to connect the white transmitter wire and a call to HD wasn't any help. They understood my problem but did not know the answer. I certainly agree with you that this is a extremely "universal" kit and could have been tailered more as a plug and play to our bikes. Thanks in advance, really want to get my bike back together.
Tim 928-566-5335 Arizona
The kit didn't come with your bike ? My 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO had the garage door kit in the tour pack. It's already installed on the bike. All I have to do is install the module that connects to the garage door. You should check with your dealer.

Quick Reply: 2014 Half-Assed HD Garage Door Opener Install 91558-01B