2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited vs Ultra Classic - Is It Worth the Extra $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:48 AM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rdam
It's about Twin Cooled (H2o) or air cooled. If that means nothing, then just pick the nicest color with the accessories you want.

I did NOT want water cooled, but did like most of the other "Limited" upgrades. I bought an Ultra (Air Cooled) and added a CB, Tour Pak rack, Tour Pak 12 volt outlet and the upgraded 6.5 Boom with GPS.

And the Ultra comes with lower fairings, and has since at least 2005. My 2005 Electra Glide Classic did NOT come with lowers, and neither did the Electra Glide Standard. I don't think you can get a new Electra Glide without lowers
I made a comment about lowers, Opps I wasn't saying my Ultra doesn't have them, only commenting I really don't need them. Took them off.

Thanks for the correction.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:38 AM
CQ-HarleyRider
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at both and went with the Limited, it's a better package IMO.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have not compared paint options in '15 but in '12 the tequila/orange were flipped between the ultra and limited and so for me the ultra won. I think there is a larger difference in options now.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:51 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do a search to see the different options the limited offers compared to the ultra, only YOU know what kind of riding you will be doing, and all of the extra bells/whistles you think might enthuse you, no one can make that choice but YOU. I went with the limited and I don't even use the CB but I wanted the heated grips. Good luck brother.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I had a 2013 Limited and loved it until I crashed! When it was time for a new one I looked at the 2105 Limited versus the UC and decided on the UC. If I wanted a water cooled bike I would buy a Gold Wing. Plus I like having the option of removing the lower fairings in the hot summer time for more air flow over mine and wifes' legs. My Ultra Classic came with the 6.5 Boom audio system. All I needed to purchase extra were the heated grips which I fell in love with on my 2013. Painted inner fairings are nice but not necessary. As far as the difference in the wheels go, sure, chrome would be easier to maintain and may be prettier. Again, not a necessity. The luggage rack is available on E-Bay for far less than what the dealer will charge you. But ultimately you have to decide for yourself. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2015, 09:40 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

The OP lives in Florida. I would get the Limited just for the twin cooling. It is hot and lots of stop and go traffic in Florida.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Recommend going with the limited & yes IMHO it is worth the extra$$$$.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:53 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
The OP lives in Florida. I would get the Limited just for the twin cooling. It is hot and lots of stop and go traffic in Florida.
Good point. But still, it would be a very difficult decision for me. Twin cooled or not... I don't know.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:12 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BezerkoBob
If I wanted a water cooled bike I would buy a Gold Wing.
That statement is not wrong, but misleading.

Limiteds are not water cooled, by definition.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:30 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
That statement is not wrong, but misleading.

Limiteds are not water cooled, by definition.
TRUE: the twin cooled system used on the Limited utilizes the same air cooled motor installed on the classic. The difference is simply adding water cooling around the exhaust valve, the hottest point in the motor. Controlling that heat allowed the MoCo to increase the compression ratio. It's a win, win. Look, feel, sound of a air cooled motor with a simple and effective small water cooling system to deal with your engines hottest point, located in a area that is difficult to cool with air alone. The twin cooled system is the primary reason I bought the Limited.

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited vs Ultra Classic - Is It Worth the Extra $$$?