2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited vs Ultra Classic - Is It Worth the Extra $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Cobra1
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,296 Likes on 529 Posts

I say get the color you want. The Limited to me is worth the $ but to others not so much. The color you have to live with unless you get black. Anyway, you will love either one.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:01 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

IMHO it's a no brainer.....go for the limited. Nicer wheels, CB, larger infotainment screen, heated grips, painted inner fairing, and most importantly it's got the twin cooled motor. You couldn't turn a UC into a limited for the same money.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dgreen1069;13694302]
I agree

Old 02-10-2015, 07:17 PM
jimmy1439
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You have to figure out what YOU want on a bike. I got the Ultra with the big radio and I am happy.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

If most of your riding is in warm or hot climates, go for the Limited. If most of your riding is in cooler climates, go for the classic.

I live in California, it can get hot. My limited really controls the heat, it's wonderful. The new Rushmore lowers allow great air flow on warm or hot days with the option to close them when cold. The water cooled heads are a real advancement.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,611 Likes on 3,247 Posts

My .02 worth. First off, I own a limited. I looked at both when I bought mine.

I love the color of mine, which was not available in a classic. The 6.5 radio I liked but wasn't mandatory, heated grips sounded nice but wasn't mandatory, Cb seemed to be an ok thing to have, but not mandatory. The nicer looking and easier to clean wheels were sharp, but not mandatory. I knew I wouldn't be able to remove the lowers because of the twin cooling, but they are vented, so that was ok. The luggage rack on the tour pack was mandatory and I would have added it. The daymaker lights are mandatory, they are awesome. The absolute clincher was how much cooler the Limited was to ride. I test rode bikes at 97 degrees and humid. That limited was a lot nicer ride in the heat of the day. It's bad enough living in Iowa with snow and cold days but to not ride because it's too hot. No way!!

All that being said, while the 6.5 wasn't mandatory, it sure is worth it. The heated grips, same thing. I wouldn't give them up. The twin cooled is worth every penny of the upgrade. I wouldn't have this bike any other way

Old 02-10-2015, 07:30 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
IMHO it's a no brainer.....go for the limited. Nicer wheels, CB, larger infotainment screen, heated grips, painted inner fairing, and most importantly it's got the twin cooled motor. You couldn't turn a UC into a limited for the same money.
^^^^^THAT

The twin cooling alone is what decided it for me. Add in all the other stuff and like they say. NO BRAINER - Limited.

The whole take off the lowers is a pre-Rushmore thing. The twin cooling keeps it cool so you don't have to. The new lowers have great vents that really put a breeze on your legs when you want it

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 02-10-2015, 08:37 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts
Default Limited !

I ride solo and I'm still going for the Limited after I see what's happening with the '16 model year. Wish I'd done so last year instead of the Street Glide.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:55 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by donauw
Looking for opinions and/or advise re whether the Limited is worth the extra $4000.
I never took math in Florida....

But the difference in MSRP for a black bike is $2,850.

Well worth it.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

It's about Twin Cooled (H2o) or air cooled. If that means nothing, then just pick the nicest color with the accessories you want.

I did NOT want water cooled, but did like most of the other "Limited" upgrades. I bought an Ultra (Air Cooled) and added a CB, Tour Pak rack, Tour Pak 12 volt outlet and the upgraded 6.5 Boom with GPS.

And the Ultra comes with lower fairings, and has since at least 2005. My 2005 Electra Glide Classic did NOT come with lowers, and neither did the Electra Glide Standard. I don't think you can get a new Electra Glide without lowers

Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
I never took math in Florida....

But the difference in MSRP for a black bike is $2,850.

Well worth it.

Your math is good don't know if his dealer marking up the price where most of the dealers are marking down every where I've seen. Don't know if over production or slow demand so many dealers still have 14 on the floor which is very unusual in past couple decades.

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited vs Ultra Classic - Is It Worth the Extra $$$?