Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amps Rockford Fosgate

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015 | 09:13 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dugan
for those of you that have the RF PBR 300x2....how critical is it to have a mounting plate underneath? Could I just velcro or double side tape it to the HK head unit?
You won't get it to mount to the head unit, there is a bracket in the way. You might be able to get it to stick to the bracket, only problem is the bracket is not flat... I made a bracket

Old 04-14-2015 | 09:19 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

My concern is the heat from the HK. Would the Velcro be a hindrance? Also HDDoobie, I have a 2012 SG which if I recall has a different look under the hood than the newer models. So maybe it will mount to the head unit....or maybe it's the same.

Old 04-14-2015 | 10:49 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie
You won't get it to mount to the head unit, there is a bracket in the way. You might be able to get it to stick to the bracket, only problem is the bracket is not flat... I made a bracket
It sits on the bracket just fine. There are flat surfaces on the bracket to stick the velcro (again, get the 10 pound heavy duty stuff). The velcro is thick enough to raise the amp above the edges of the bracket. I did have to trim one velcro strip around a screw head just slightly is all.

Old 04-15-2015 | 11:08 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

after reading some other threads on the RF, it was clarified that the PBR 300x2 doesn't put out that much heat, unlike the PBR 300x4. so with that...velcro will be used and skip the mounting plate.

Old 04-15-2015 | 12:14 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dugan
My concern is the heat from the HK. Would the Velcro be a hindrance? Also HDDoobie, I have a 2012 SG which if I recall has a different look under the hood than the newer models. So maybe it will mount to the head unit....or maybe it's the same.
Oops! Figured you had a 14+ since this thread is in the Rushmore section. You can stick it directly on the head unit on yours.

Old 04-15-2015 | 01:09 PM
2NAHNTR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie

Looks like a rat built a nest on that thing or someone spilled their Ramen noodles next to that amp.

Old 04-15-2015 | 01:14 PM
Racin929
Road Captain

I zoomed in to that pic as well. Looks like chicken flavored ramen to me..

Old 04-15-2015 | 01:15 PM
Racin929
Road Captain

And by the way, i used thick velcro on mine as well.

Old 04-15-2015 | 07:45 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Racin929
I zoomed in to that pic as well. Looks like chicken flavored ramen to me..

LOL! Yeah that's the work of a F'n mouse from last fall. Chewed on the GPS antenna wire and the voltmeter wiring. Beyond pissed, but what ya gonna do.. Good thing I put the bikes in the back shed for the winter or it would of been much worse! I think he/she went for a couple rides with me last year!

Old 04-28-2015 | 10:17 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by njstreetglide
def do not go with the mm651

go with the infinity kappas & the pbr & the magic box. i am very happy with this set up. again not going to win audio competitions but alot better than stock and did not cost me much

installing is very easy just take your time. the biggest pain is getting the pods out. i set my speakers inside of the pods instead of outside the pods so i did not have to get the boom grills.

if you need any help let me know.
Just got around to starting my upgrade today. You have a flare for understatement - those 3 7/16s head bolts SUCK!

Anyway, on to the rest tomorrow. Question - what do I do with the remote power for the amp? I know I'll run the hot from the battery and the ground, but I'm unsure about the remote power.

Also, on the amp itself - where should I set the frequency and the 3 position switch (LP AP HP)? I'm assuming AP. Then does it matter where the dial is set for frequency?

Thanks again for all the help.

Did I mention how much it sucked to remove the pods?

Quick Reply: Amps Rockford Fosgate