Amps Rockford Fosgate

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015 | 01:41 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nevada72
I found them for $129 shipped from -

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...ity_6211i.aspx

Unfortunately they don't indicate whether or not they're in stock. I'll call Monday.

Are you using the Magic Box?

Overall you're happy with the improvements you made?

Thanks for the help. Go Badgers!
Yes I have the magic box.
I am very happy with the results. I am not out to win an audio contest, just wanted good bang for my buck. At $350 I feel I got that. Read this thread I made a couple weeks ago, I think there is some good info there... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...x-testing.html

Old 04-04-2015 | 06:37 PM
2NAHNTR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nevada72
Thanks for taking the time to post that up.

Question on the Ebay harness - looks like 4 wires with ring terminals and 1 inline fuse. Correct?

Do you happen to have a link to the speakers you're using? I searched out the Kappas that everyone seems to be using and I can't find any. Discontinued maybe?

Thanks again.

PS - that audio thread is highly confusing. That thread scared me off just like it did Doc Kile. This thread has paired it down and renewed my interest. Frankly I think that thread is to be avoided by a newby audiophile such as myself.
My pleasure man. Glad to help. Looks like Doobie got most of your questions answered and I agree with what he said. The Kappas are definitely a good speaker and work good with the Fosgate amp. They recently went up in price. I think I paid $100 for mine.

The magic box was worth the money to me. Pretty much plug and play. The wiring kit has 2 ring connectors attached for the battery and an inline fuse. Most of the wiring is screw in connections. There are 4 butt connectors for the speaker wire to the amp harness. The kit works great. A member of this forum is the guy selling the amp mount and wiring kit on eBay.

Its not a hard job but it is time consuming. If you have basic electrical knowledge and can follow directions, you are good to go.

You will be very happy with the results. Its a well spent 450 or so bucks.

Old 04-08-2015 | 09:22 AM
njstreetglide
Cruiser

def do not go with the mm651

go with the infinity kappas & the pbr & the magic box. i am very happy with this set up. again not going to win audio competitions but alot better than stock and did not cost me much

installing is very easy just take your time. the biggest pain is getting the pods out. i set my speakers inside of the pods instead of outside the pods so i did not have to get the boom grills.

if you need any help let me know.

Old 04-08-2015 | 12:45 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by njstreetglide

go with the infinity kappas & the pbr & the magic box. i am very happy with this set up. again not going to win audio competitions but alot better than stock and did not cost me much

installing is very easy just take your time. the biggest pain is getting the pods out. i set my speakers inside of the pods instead of outside the pods so i did not have to get the boom grills.

You helped me out last year with my install. Let me help you now. ...put your speakers on the outside. Definitely worth the cost and effort of replacing grills!

Old 04-08-2015 | 01:31 PM
srms411
Intermediate

NJstreetglide,what is wrong with polk mm's . Thinking about upgrading and have heard the combo of the amp and polk was pretty good. Just looking for advice.
Thanks.

Old 04-08-2015 | 05:34 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by njstreetglide

Cool. Thx man - I appreciate it.

Old 04-08-2015 | 06:37 PM
Nickblink
Tourer
Default RF T400x4ad & 4 Focal K2 Power 165KRC

I used the have the RF PBR 300x2 with infinity kappas and magic box. They are ok but wanted more and installed the T400x4ad and 2 pairs of Focal 165KRC. The sound is way better than the previous setup but the fm is spaty. I use the usb and ihart radio. I have installed the front speakers and crossovers inside the pod and the rear I used vtwin adapters and mounted the crossover under the rear seat flap. The installation takes some work but is straight forward. Also I am using the magic box and I am happy with that since I do not trust the dealer to flash the radio.

Parts
T400x4 $375
RF amp installation kit $100 ( well worth it since it has heat sink plate)
Focal 2 pairs $750 (bought the in euros from Europe )
Vtwin adaptor $150 ( I had them painted local for $50)

Total $1375

Last edited by Nickblink; 04-08-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2015 | 07:12 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Well it's all ordered. I'm looking forward to some great sound in 3 days.

Thanks for all the help gents!

Old 04-14-2015 | 08:01 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

for those of you that have the RF PBR 300x2....how critical is it to have a mounting plate underneath? Could I just velcro or double side tape it to the HK head unit?

Old 04-14-2015 | 08:30 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master

Originally Posted by dugan
for those of you that have the RF PBR 300x2....how critical is it to have a mounting plate underneath? Could I just velcro or double side tape it to the HK head unit?
Get the heavy duty velcro from Home Depot... the kind that holds 10 pounds... it's almost like bolting it down, it's not going anywhere.

Quick Reply: Amps Rockford Fosgate