Sponsored by:

Msrp

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:53 PM
THEKOONTZ
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Webo
This time of year in MD I would expect you to get a bike for under MSRP. In the northeast with all the snow on the ground I would expect dealers to be willing to work with you to sell a bike right now...lol
Yeah I should have specified lol. I got my bike back in July!

Hell yeah, this time of yeah they are starving!

Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 AM
tbird71
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

On the Harley Police units, there is no MSRP but as near as I can figure it should be about 18495 on the Electra Glide cop unit

Like Webo says, it's all about the dealer, time of year, and the price.
I was in a unique position cause I wanted a new Police FLHTP. I called every dealer from talahassee to Miami and got prices all over the board. A lot of dealers will have 1-2 police units sitting back but never advertise them and you have to ask. Some salesmen had them but didnt even know it! I guess you have to wait 90 days after they have a leftover before you can buy one if you're not a cop, one dealer wanted 750 in advance to hold one...LOL...I told him this aint the nineties, go sell some clothes.

Dealer I got one from made me a hell of a deal...he told me HD had called them and asked them to take a few police models, guess they're not moving as fast as they need to. Dealer told me when HD calls THEM to take bikes there IS no wait period...they can sell immediately. Got my 2015 FLHTP for 16000 + tax. No other fees. I did get one dealer to give me the fleet price on one...they sell for 15,994.00 to agencies in multiples. Put an Ultra Low seat on it and bolted on some passenger floorboards for Mama and voila!...instant Electra Glide Standard, which is what I wanted anyway. For 8-10 grand less I can live without the radio. That's what I found...

Last edited by tbird71; 02-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird71
On the harley Police units, there is no MSRP but as near as I can figure it should be about 18495 on the Electra Glide cop unit

Like Webo says, it's all about the dealer, time of year, and the price.
I was in a unique position cause I wanted a new Police FLHTP. I called every dealer from talahassee to Miami and got prices all over the board. A lot of dealers will have 1-2 police units sitting back but never advertise them and you have to ask. Some salesmen had them but didnt even know it! I guess you have to wait 90 days after they have a leftover before you can buy one, one dealer wanted 750 in advance to hold one...LOL...I told him this aint the nineties, go sell some clothes.

Dealer I got one from made me a hell of a deal...he told me HD had called them and asked them to take a few police models, guess they're not moving as fast as they need to. Dealer told me when HD calls THEM to take bikes there IS no wait period...they can sell immediately. Got my 2015 FLHTP for 16000 + tax. No other fees. I did get one dealer to give me the fleet price on one...they sell for 15,994.00 to agencies in multiples. Put an Ultra Low seat on it and voila!...instant Electra glide Standard, which is what I wanted anyway. For 8-10 grand less I can live without the radio. That's what I found...
That's the best new Rushmore deal going. Thanks for all your research and sharing.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a leftover '14 Ultra Limited two tone paint for $24,250 plus tax and title... I started by looking on Cycletrader and then started calling dealers... If you do this you'll have a good idea what the going price is... Make sure to have them disclose all fees up front; such as freight, setup and doc fees... Many advertised prices have a lot of hidden fees... Do your homework, you'll get a good deal...

Old 02-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

On a new 15 Road Glide, my dealer wouldn't move off of MSRP as the demand is so high, they sit on the floor for about a week or less and they are out the door. That said, they really helped out with my trade-in. Basically, I rode my Street Bob for 3 years for free. Also, they are apt to drop set-up, but freight is usually non-negotiable. I can only speak for North Texas though.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:54 PM
tbird71
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

RG33: That's about as good as it gets on the loaded up Ultra...Great Buy! And you guys are right...ask about all fees up front so you know where you stand.

I had one dealer want to add $2200 in fees alone! $400 to fill out title!! So be aware...Arm yourself with all information as we three did and you'll be fine, and be prepared to walk away if you dont like the deal...they'll probably stop you...LOL

Here's a shot of my FLHTP done in vivid black at dealers before delivery...that cop seat had to come off....sits 32" high! I'm 5'7 1/2" so that won't work.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:05 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 06SGWA
If you're financing with them, good luck. I went in with cash in hand and got $2k off MSRP with no setup, freight or any other jazz they try and charge you. Mind you, this was just a couple weeks after the 15's arrived so they were motivated to clear 2014 inventory. Plus, I doubt the white bikes sell quickly. I still see used 14's selling online for more than I paid for mine brand new.
I hear you on that, I went in with cash and at the end of January too.
They knocked off $1900 on 2015 RGS and I got a few other add on 's
too. Remember the dealer's pay tax on the inventory every month.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird71
RG33: That's about as good as it gets on the loaded up Ultra...Great Buy! And you guys are right...ask about all fees up front so you know where you stand.

I had one dealer want to add $2200 in fees alone! $400 to fill out title!! So be aware...Arm yourself with all information as we three did and you'll be fine, and be prepared to walk away if you dont like the deal...they'll probably stop you...LOL

Here's a shot of my FLHTP done in vivid black at dealers before delivery...that cop seat had to come off....sits 32" high! I'm 5'7 1/2" so that won't work.
Quite the deal you got also... You have any after pictures?