Sponsored by:

3 pocket windshield pouch with new windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:22 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ICEMAN-WB
I haven't seen those....does it still allow for the proper air flow when the vent is open...or does it cover it up??
Works fine for me, but a friend of mine that is around 6'5" with a seat that sits him back a little further says it renders the vent useless and removed his as a result.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 390 Likes on 255 Posts

I'm going to install one today on my Tri Glide. I've heard about dirt accumulating between them and the windshield, so I think I have some window tint film left over from a car project, I was going to see about putting a strip of that inside the windshield that sticks up about an inch or so, should hide any nastiness that gets in there between cleanings.

Then turn around and drill through it and remove it temporarily to install the Custom Dynamics polished trim with LED strips for DRLs / turn signals. The wires have to go through it, and I'll have to make slots so it slips up over the wiring. Same with the windshield or neither will be removable. Hopefully it won't weaken things too much.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know if there is a gap between the LRS windshield and the bags. My 14 has a gap between the 2 that I put a foam strip on the back side of the bags to prevent crap from getting between the two

Old 03-05-2015, 07:39 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Markallamerican
Let us know if there is a gap between the LRS windshield and the bags. My 14 has a gap between the 2 that I put a foam strip on the back side of the bags to prevent crap from getting between the two
I was able to push the bag forward while tightening down the screws to eliminate the space. I also pained my shield black where it is covered by the bag. This keeps it clean looking from viewing from the front as dirt and water doesn't show up.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:04 AM
pipedog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody found a way to keep the windshield bag from scuffing the windshield? I have a new LRS and as much as I love having the bag I hate the idea of messing up the new shield.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:56 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pipedog
Has anybody found a way to keep the windshield bag from scuffing the windshield? I have a new LRS and as much as I love having the bag I hate the idea of messing up the new shield.
I painted mine in black where the bag sits.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Painting it is a good idea, maybe use plasti dip? As cheap as they are from LRS im not going to worry about it for now

Old 03-08-2015, 06:33 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Has anyone tried the eGlideGoodies 2 bag system?

WP-102: Get your on-bike storage convenience enhanced with these well placed pouches that add a dash of flair and a touch of chrome to your fairing.These Black Classic pouches mount to the windshield mounting bolts and are further secured by the compression between the windshield and fairing. Measuring 4 ½” x 3” x 1 ½”, these pouches are a perfect place for garage buttons, phones and othersmaller items you want readily available. The dual pouch design also allows air to pass through the new vented Harley fairing unobstructed. Pouches also come with two large pieces of hook and loop attachments to allow further securing of thepouches, pieces can be placed at your preference to provide optimal positioning of your pouches. Sold as a pair for the 1996 to current FLH Harley’s. BLACK CLASSIC WINDSHIELD, Dual Pouches, For Harley FLH Fairing , 1996 to current, Made in USA.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:19 AM
41inWV
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the eGlideGoodies Two bag system...... I like it a lot...... not big enough for sunglasses, but perfect for keys change garage door opener etc....

For glasses etc, I have the pouch/drink holder on the saddlebag guard......

Old 04-25-2015, 08:34 AM
stevep48
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eGlideGoodies Two bag system

Dang for 40 bucks I might have gone that direction...but I like my HD pouch and vent functions fine

Quick Reply: 3 pocket windshield pouch with new windshield