Sponsored by:

Contact list

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Contact list

So I have an iPhone 4s that is paired with my 6.5 Boom on my 2015 FLHTK. Every time I try to make a phone call using the voice command it finds the contact without a problem, but it always tells me to choose which line number. It is like the contact is listed in my contact list two times or something. It always shows two lines with the same contact. Today it showed 4 lines for one of my contacts.

I know I only have one contact list on my phone so I don't know why this is happening. Is anybody else being asked to choose a contact line when making a call. It is not ask for home or mobile until after I choose the contact line. I usually just say line 1 and it completes the call no problem. Like calling my cousin, I say call Jimmy Cell, then it ask which line. Looking at the display it shows Jimmy on 2 lines. Weird.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:55 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,322 Likes on 3,178 Posts

You have to go into the contacts folder on your computer and delete all the duplicate numbers. Some are not assigned a name like home, cell, work.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RANGER73
You have to go into the contacts folder on your computer and delete all the duplicate numbers. Some are not assigned a name like home, cell, work.

What does the computer have to do with contacts on my phone? I don't understand what you mean.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:46 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,957 Likes on 1,195 Posts

It might be that your computer syncs with your phone for contact - mine does.

So, I adjust thungs on the PC - and then it corrects the phone.

If you make a cal, it may say which line - it is asking, home, cell, other, etc.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cycle7447
It might be that your computer syncs with your phone for contact - mine does.

So, I adjust thungs on the PC - and then it corrects the phone.

If you make a cal, it may say which line - it is asking, home, cell, other, etc.
I only have one contact list on my phone. No separate groups, no favorites, no friend list or any other contact list. That is all my phone and my pc shows on the phone. When it asks me which line, the boom system, and I say line one it will then ask me mobile or work or home so it isn't looking at which phone number to call. It is looking at which contact. Yet when it ask which line the same contact name shows in every line, like it is looking at two different contact list with the same contacts or something. Today it showed 4 lines with the same name on each line when it asked me which line and the contact I was calling only has one phone number.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:38 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The problem is with your phone rather than the bike - I also have a 4S as well as a machbook - I'm not sure how but at some point nearly ALL my contacts (including my own info) we duplicated until I manually went and deleted all the duplicates.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:40 AM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

I think it's some weird bug in the way phones sync to another system. My Infotainment has double lines for contacts as well as my brand new Ram truck. Same issue on both vehicles.

I tried the edit/delete a line suggestion on both the phone and Google contacts (that's what I use), and it deleted the entire contact. I reentered the contact with just one phone line and guess what, both vehicles showed TWO lines to select from.

If it's the vehicle, then BOTH have the same problem. If it's the phone or computer, I don't know what we will do...

I just live with it and moved on to another modern day electronic headache...LOL

Old 01-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain

Went to the HD shop today and the service guy did a factory reset on the Boom and then re-paired my phone. Now the duplicates are gone.......for how long, who knows......LOL.