2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The J&M is passive so there is no 12V connection required - plugs in just like the stock one.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:47 AM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso
The POS boom that I had has a piggy back terminal that plugs into the back of the power port (cigarette lighter) then you plug the harness onto that terminal. The J&M that I am asking about is made just for the Rushmore models.
That would be pretty handy. I rarely ever listen to the radio, but it'd be nice to have it at least functional if I ever wanted to.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
The J&M is passive so there is no 12V connection required - plugs in just like the stock one.
I'm thinking this is probably the best way to go. Would be about like the stock whip inside the fairing mod. People seemed to be ok with.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sixshooter
Do all these hidden antennas require a 12v power supply to work like the HD model? Id like to get something for my SGS since I completely removed the factory antenna and wire, but I used the one P&A harness plug behind my gauges as the remote power for the Rockford amp i installed, so without some more wiring screwing around, I don't have an immediately available accessible accessory plug for a hidden antenna.
The J&M internal FM antenna for the Rushmore bikes is completely passive. No power required.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldMike
Did you just say the J&M internal antenna works better than the stock antenna?
My stock antenna works good, I want to get a longer one.
Yes, in my case both the CB and the FM work better than stock. I believe it has a lot to do with eliminating all of the extra 5 feet of wire and connections under the seat and in the tour-pak.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:28 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,923 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
Yes, in my case both the CB and the FM work better than stock. I believe it has a lot to do with eliminating all of the extra 5 feet of wire and connections under the seat and in the tour-pak.
I think the area where you live can have an effect on reception too, so which antenna works best might change.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
Based on your recommendation I think I will give this a go. Like I said I have a USB flash drive loaded up with over 500 songs. And ALOT more room for more.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:55 PM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sixshooter
Do all these hidden antennas require a 12v power supply to work like the HD model? Id like to get something for my SGS since I completely removed the factory antenna and wire, but I used the one P&A harness plug behind my gauges as the remote power for the Rockford amp i installed, so without some more wiring screwing around, I don't have an immediately available accessible accessory plug for a hidden antenna.
Can the HD OE whip antenna be completely removed on the Rushmore models? I was checking my service manual and it says to disconnect at the radio and the bracket in the rear and cut it. I found that odd so called my nearest dealer who suggested I roll it and zip tie it on both ends. Anyone have a solid answer on removing bc I have a bad dad rear end I'm installing once it's painted and there is no spot for a whip so I have the JM hidden version.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:15 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed th J&M hidden and just unplugged the stock one at the radio end - at the other end I just removed the post from the TP, tucked the wires under the liner so the cable is still there, just not connected to anything.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:20 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by p51bombay
I installed th J&M hidden and just unplugged the stock one at the radio end - at the other end I just removed the post from the TP, tucked the wires under the liner so the cable is still there, just not connected to anything.
I did exactly the same thing. Just unplug at the radio end. Unbolt from the inside of the tourpak and pull the antenna mount inside the pak. Then use a plastic hole plug to finish it off outside.

The JM internal actually works better than the stock antenna. No 12v required.

Quick Reply: J&M Hidden Antenna for Rushmore : Has anyone tried it yet?