Sponsored by:

Ordered Progressive shocks.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015 | 04:27 PM
BillNich
|
Cruiser
Default Ordered Progressive shocks.

I received my seat for my 2015 Ultra Limited Low back from Mean City Cycles yesterday.
They did an excellent job on it and although my feet now touch the ground mostly flat footed my weight is not really on them. I need to get just a little lower.
So today after speaking with Progressive Suspensions I ordered a set of their 944 series Ultra touring ultra low shocks. model # 944-4001UL
They tell me these will bring the bike down almost another inch.
Anyone have any experience with these?

Old 01-22-2015 | 06:16 PM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

opinions...anybody???

Old 01-22-2015 | 06:28 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser

I have them on my 2025 limited and I like them. They are definitely an improvement over the stock air shocks.

Old 01-22-2015 | 06:39 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Smile

Originally Posted by BillNich
opinions...anybody???
Nice looking seat and bike for that matter. don't know how much you paid for the progressive but Ohlins are not much more I'm guessing, and hear rav-reviews about them.
As far as lowering the 15 Low any more, you could try some thicker sole shoes. I have my 14 limited lowered 1 inch and will drag the floorboards and there brackets at times, depending on how you ride and how loaded the bike is of corse. each is own for sure..just my two cents.. have fun and ride safe

Old 01-22-2015 | 07:04 PM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

not too worried about scraping..I'm a conservative rider.
Have not scraped anything on this bike yet..I used to occasionally scrape with my lowered softail.
I'm just hoping these shocks will really lower the bike a little, if not I spent a bunch of $ for nothing..

Old 01-22-2015 | 10:50 PM
usefulshrimp
Cruiser

I have them on my SGS and they are awesome. Lowers the bike about an inch and I also did the fork lowering kit, which drops me down a little more.

I couldn't flat foot the bike when it was stock, but now I can and I'm getting the MCC seat mod in about two weeks to drop me down more. You'll be happy

Old 01-23-2015 | 06:49 AM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by usefulshrimp
I have them on my SGS and they are awesome. Lowers the bike about an inch and I also did the fork lowering kit, which drops me down a little more.

I couldn't flat foot the bike when it was stock, but now I can and I'm getting the MCC seat mod in about two weeks to drop me down more. You'll be happy
Do you know ..do the SGS and the Limited Low share the same stock rear shocks?

Old 01-23-2015 | 07:59 AM
ramblin5
Road Master
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by BillNich
I received my seat for my 2015 Ultra Limited Low back from Mean City Cycles yesterday.
They did an excellent job on it and although my feet now touch the ground mostly flat footed my weight is not really on them. I need to get just a little lower.
So today after speaking with Progressive Suspensions I ordered a set of their 944 series Ultra touring ultra low shocks. model # 944-4001UL
They tell me these will bring the bike down almost another inch.
Anyone have any experience with these?
I'm curious as to what Mean City Cycles did to your stock seat off of the Limited Low. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and the stock seat has a lot of the padding already removed. And it has already been narrowed, so I'm at a loss as to what MCC could do to it to get you lower. I contacted MCC to see if they could do anything to soften up the stock seat without raising me up and they said "Yes" but I'm a little skeptical.

Also curious as to your inseam if you're still not flat-footing.

I would be interested in your experience with the shocks. If they work out okay I may do the same and then put on the more comfortable Limited stock seat.

Old 01-23-2015 | 08:23 AM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ramblin5
I'm curious as to what Mean City Cycles did to your stock seat off of the Limited Low. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and the stock seat has a lot of the padding already removed. And it has already been narrowed, so I'm at a loss as to what MCC could do to it to get you lower. I contacted MCC to see if they could do anything to soften up the stock seat without raising me up and they said "Yes" but I'm a little skeptical.

Also curious as to your inseam if you're still not flat-footing.

I would be interested in your experience with the shocks. If they work out okay I may do the same and then put on the more comfortable Limited stock seat.
They took the stock seat down 1 inch and forward 1/2 inch. It is also slightly narrower at the front. I also had a seat heater added.
My inseam I would say is maybe 27.5 -28inch.
I will let you know how the shocks work out...

Old 01-24-2015 | 09:40 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member

For those who may be interested in getting a little lower the factory seat for the low can be ordered. I have the part number but not with me at the moment. At 20% off it comes in at just over 200.00. Not a bad deal

Quick Reply: Ordered Progressive shocks.