Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Progressive shocks.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015 | 08:00 AM
Takedown
Cruiser
Default Jiffy Stand for lowered bikes?

What did you do for a Jiffy Stand (Kick Stand)? I lowered the front of my SG an inch and put 11.5 inch shocks on the rear. I then purchased a 1 inch shorter Jiffy Stand and my bike still does not lean enough to suit me.

Old 01-28-2015 | 10:16 AM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

The front of my bike is at stock height for a Limited Low.
I have no problem with the lean or stability of the stand as is.

Old 01-28-2015 | 12:20 PM
MartinSporti
Intermediate
Default i have ...

openend simillar thread for questions about the 944 Ultra Low.

Let me Allow also som answers to get from you :

2014 model - how to get jiffy stand lowered / shortend ?

My plan is actually as follows , put the 944 Ultra Low in Standard duty on the bike for better footing.

To come back for balanced FA to RA weight distribution i want to install the PsS Monto Tubes lowering 1" or 2" when they come to the market - was told me from Jeffry Hills (PS) in July, that end of 2014 is ready. Now i read, that Jiffy leg also makes an issue than.

Regardless of cornering issue with lowered bike i plan to make that way, because lowered seat does not give me the good ground control as i need.

I hope the Ultra Low give more reduction or minimum same with good comfort than the 412 in 11.5".

Is for single driver with 85 KG (very rare 2 person 160 Kg with luggage) recommandalbe ?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-hd-stock.html

Old 01-29-2015 | 11:21 AM
472viper
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MartinSporti
openend simillar thread for questions about the 944 Ultra Low.

Let me Allow also som answers to get from you :

2014 model - how to get jiffy stand lowered / shortend ?

My plan is actually as follows , put the 944 Ultra Low in Standard duty on the bike for better footing.

To come back for balanced FA to RA weight distribution i want to install the PsS Monto Tubes lowering 1" or 2" when they come to the market - was told me from Jeffry Hills (PS) in July, that end of 2014 is ready. Now i read, that Jiffy leg also makes an issue than.

Regardless of cornering issue with lowered bike i plan to make that way, because lowered seat does not give me the good ground control as i need.

I hope the Ultra Low give more reduction or minimum same with good comfort than the 412 in 11.5".

Is for single driver with 85 KG (very rare 2 person 160 Kg with luggage) recommandalbe ?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-hd-stock.html

Is yours the Ultra or Ultra Low model ? If it's the Ultra I would think the Jiffy stand for an Ultra Low would work. Same goes for Limited or Limited Low.

Old 01-29-2015 | 11:24 AM
472viper
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Takedown
What did you do for a Jiffy Stand (Kick Stand)? I lowered the front of my SG an inch and put 11.5 inch shocks on the rear. I then purchased a 1 inch shorter Jiffy Stand and my bike still does not lean enough to suit me.

I can tell you how I redneck engineered my SG. I pulled the Jiffy stand, got some longer grade 8 bolts, and spaced the Jiffy stand out from the frame mount using stacked washers. Probably spaced it out 1/4 inch. Being a 1/4 inch further away from the frame allows the bike to lean over a little further before the stand contacts the ground.

Old 01-29-2015 | 02:05 PM
usefulshrimp
Cruiser

I put the jiffy stand from an Ultra Low on my SGS and it works great, plus it's easier to reach with the extension it has on it.

Old 01-29-2015 | 04:03 PM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IRONBOURBON
Don't be afraid to go stiffer on the settings. These shocks do not work well until you get them adjusted correctly and then you will see a much improved ride. You are probably bottoming and don't realize it if you are a conservative rider as you have said.
I went through this with mine until I said the heck with it and cranked em up, what a difference. I think most folks are trying to keep them on as soft a setting as possible because they think thats where they need to be and never get them right.
I think you are exactly correct.
I took a numbers of turns on them towards the stiffer side and took a short ride today. I went out of my way looking for bumps. The bike rode MUCH better. So I guess I must have been bottoming out. I am going to try going even a little stiffer and try again so I can narrow down exactly where I want them.

Old 01-29-2015 | 04:16 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BillNich

I would have to think that these will be better than stock given that the Harley shocks that I took off are adjutable for siffness on only one side of the bike..
I am not sure how that is supposed to work well...
It's fairly common on modern motorcycle suspension to design two shocks, (or fork springs/cartridges) that are designed to work as a team. In overly simplistic terms, think of one shock controlling compression, and the other controlling rebound. Separately, neither would be worth a damn, but together and set up properly, work very nicely.

Old 02-09-2015 | 06:01 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Bill,

So how are those shocks working out? Have you ridden 2up as well with them?

Old 02-09-2015 | 07:18 AM
BillNich
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by load97
Bill,

So how are those shocks working out? Have you ridden 2up as well with them?
I am getting them dialed in.
It's hard this time of year to get enough miles on them.

They seem to get plenty stiff if I adjust them that way so I don't think there will be a problem to go 2 up, but I have not tried that yet.

Quick Reply: Ordered Progressive shocks.