Sponsored by:

Mounting a Zumo

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015 | 11:06 AM
VA_Larry
|
Road Captain
Default Mounting a Zumo

After reading many threads here and asking lots of questions I decided to tackle mounting my Zumo 590LM on the new 2015 Ultra Limited to augment the Boom system.

I saw a link to T&T Fabrications for a mount that goes on top of the fairing. http://www.tandtfabrications.com/

Of course on the new fairing there is a vent in the middle. Since I have the three windshield bags I figured I could fabricate my own mount like T&T's and have it follow the curve of the underside of the center bag.

With a bit of help from my neighbor we did create the bracket and I managed to get it mounted. However with the curve of the bracket and nothing to hold the front steady the vibration made the screen unreadable. The punt position was to install the Zumo on the clutch and route the cables through the fairing. It's not at pretty as the center mount but it will work for now.

I've contacted T&T to see if they have something that would mount on the new fairing. It looks like their standard bracket might work but block a little of the vent. Worth a try.

I have an appointment tomorrow to have the dealer flash the Boom system so the auxiliary audio input will work. I'm really not happy that we have to pay a labor rate to have the dealer do that. Anyone know what other dealer activation options are on the system? Seems like paying them once and having everything activated would be a good idea.

So why would I add the Zumo to a 2015 Ultra Limited? I miss some of the GPS functions, esecially custom routes with more than 9 waypoints, and the trip summary looks very nice on the center console. Good additional information to have visible. I also want the routing instructions to play on my Sena headset and as we know from other threads the Boom system does not output to Bluetooth headsets without aftermarket $300+ solutions.

Attached are pictures of my center mount idea and the clutch mount. Hopefully T&T will have something and I can move it back to the center.

Attached Thumbnails Mounting a Zumo-zumo-on-center-bracket.jpg   Mounting a Zumo-zumo-on-clutch.jpg