2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrofill Nitrgen Tire Inflation. Anyone done this on their FLHXS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015 | 12:45 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

To those that don't think I know what I'm talking about, here's a challenge:

Find DOCUMENTATION of the pressure changes and difference between air filled motorcycle tires and N2 filled motorcycle tires.
It's miniscule. I posted above about the Ideal Gas Law.

Last edited by FinalShot; 01-20-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2015 | 12:52 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Industrial grade N2 is 99.9%
Food / Medical Grade N2 is 99.999%

Last edited by SafetyMan; 01-20-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2015 | 03:22 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FinalShot
To those that don't think I know what I'm talking about, here's a challenge:

Find DOCUMENTATION of the pressure changes and difference between air filled motorcycle tires and N2 filled motorcycle tires.
It's miniscule. I posted above about the Ideal Gas Law.[/QUOTE]

Charles Law and Boyles Law - know them well - that's what I do for a living. Air in my tires.

Old 02-28-2015 | 07:28 AM
RV18Z
Advanced
Default Nitro works

Not going to get scientific but I did test the Nitro in my F-150. I filled 3 of 4 tires with Nitro and one with air. Here in NC we see temp changes like crazy this time of year. For example Today is a high of 40, tomorrow, 40, Monday 67. I only wanted it because the stupid low tire pressure light in my truck always comes on during temp changes. The only tire that pressure changed in was the air filled tire. I was sold and filled all my tires with nitro. I got on today to see if anyone was running it in their bikes because my tire pressures on my bike are changing every day it seems. I'm new to motorcycles and recently bought my first Harley so every time I ride I'm doing the new guy shuffle and checking everything. Yesterday when I checked my front was down 5 lbs and rear 4 lbs. We've been stuck with highs in the 20's most of the week and I haven't taken it out until yesterday. I'm going to try Nitro on my bike. Seems to work good on my truck.

Old 02-28-2015 | 08:32 AM
Mozvader
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RV18Z
Not going to get scientific but I did test the Nitro in my F-150. I filled 3 of 4 tires with Nitro and one with air. Here in NC we see temp changes like crazy this time of year. For example Today is a high of 40, tomorrow, 40, Monday 67. I only wanted it because the stupid low tire pressure light in my truck always comes on during temp changes. The only tire that pressure changed in was the air filled tire. I was sold and filled all my tires with nitro. I got on today to see if anyone was running it in their bikes because my tire pressures on my bike are changing every day it seems. I'm new to motorcycles and recently bought my first Harley so every time I ride I'm doing the new guy shuffle and checking everything. Yesterday when I checked my front was down 5 lbs and rear 4 lbs. We've been stuck with highs in the 20's most of the week and I haven't taken it out until yesterday. I'm going to try Nitro on my bike. Seems to work good on my truck.
I recently had a flat tire and I don't have Nitro at my dealer so had to put regular air in one tire. It's been almost 3 weeks now and I gotta tell you that the one air filled tire starts off at 33 psi cold and gets up to 38psi on hotter days here in South Florida. My cars TPMS sensor actually display the psi in each tire and you can see the pressure increase after you start driving. BTW the other 3 tires with Nitro start at 32 psi and don't fluctuate more than a pound or 2 even on the hottest day at highway speed.

I run a car dealer and I'm getting the Nitrofill on my bike for free but I'd gladly pay for the stuff.
I don't care what anyone says. The stuff works!!!!

Keep in mind that I thought it was useless and that their claims where bogus when I first heard of it. I didn't complain when it came on my new car for free and after driving on nitro for 18 months I am a believer.

Old 02-28-2015 | 08:48 AM
A206Driver
Tourer

I thought this made for some interesting reading. Draw your own conclusions.
https://powertank.com/truth.or.hype/

Old 02-28-2015 | 11:38 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by A206Driver
I thought this made for some interesting reading. Draw your own conclusions.
https://powertank.com/truth.or.hype/
Let's not go bringing facts and scientific data into the argument. Someone's cousin's buddy tested this theory on his 1978 Ford half ton driving from Conneticut to New Mexico, and the guy that changes his oil down at the quikkielube told him N2 was better.

Old 02-28-2015 | 01:10 PM
Mozvader
|
Extreme HDF Member

Facts and scientific data are all fine and dandy but the stuff works in real life applications.

Old 02-28-2015 | 01:48 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Mozvader
Facts and scientific data are all fine and dandy but the stuff works in real life applications.

Not lookin' to bust them but if you're so convinced it works then why did you start the thread asking opinions? As they say "Just Do It"!

Old 02-28-2015 | 05:32 PM
Don81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mozvader

The facts and scientific data come from careful observation and recording of what is happening in real life.

The arbitrary perceptions of the hopeful consumer is not "real life". This is almost always post-purchase rationalization which is one of the common cognative biases that in short, make people think wrong.

Here's a list of them, it's fun, and humbling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Quick Reply: Nitrofill Nitrgen Tire Inflation. Anyone done this on their FLHXS?