Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited Low cornering

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:27 PM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

8,500 miles so far on my '15 Limited Low.....I never scraped the floorboards yet and I don't expect to...

Old 09-17-2015, 10:12 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I have the 2015 Low and a friend pointed out to me on my floorboards - there is a little part that actually extends down from the board about an inch?? or so - That will 'drag' first before the actual board will - kinda like a 'warning' anyone else notice this?

Old 09-17-2015, 10:51 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

9000+ on my '15 LL and zero cornering issues.

OTOH I have grounded out on a couple of steep parking lot speed bumps. Going slow over those same bumps, no problem. Lesson learned.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:59 AM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Slapped a set of V&H Super Radius on my Low at purchase. Find myself dragging the crap out of them, long before the floorboards. As good as they look and sound, I'll be changing them out this winter after less than a year on the bike (purchased in March '15) and 8K miles.

Now to figure out what pipes next...

Old 09-18-2015, 01:08 PM
ursman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living in CO, I love hitting the mountains every chance I get and I was a bit leary of getting the LTD Low because of that. I've got just about 10K on my '15 low and can count on one hand how many times i've dragged the boards. Usually in very tight turns and me getting a little froggy are about the only times that the little floor board feelers get scraped. I am AMAZED everytime I hit the mountains, just how nimble this bike is for as big and heavy a machine it is. It's definitely not a GSXR or rice rocket equivalent, but it isn't a Cadillac around the corners either. I feel that the Limited Low is very well balanced and doesn't give up enough ground clearance compared to the regular Limited to be an issue with me. Just remember, it's a touring bike...not a slot car

Edit: Rolling off of curbs (if you park on sidewalks occasionally) pose a little challenge as does speed bumps if you don't hit them sloooooow.

Last edited by ursman; 09-18-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:49 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I love my V&H 4" slash rounds with my S&S Power Tune Dual 2-1-2 header. Great torque and all around performance and awesome sound. Nice low rumble that sets off the car alarms great! LOL...

Old 09-18-2015, 11:27 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Kickstand length between standard and Low has been brought up here. I Have the Low - stopped by the HD today - borrowed a tape measure and measured both kickstands on the Low and the standard - Exactly the same - except (as stated here) the toe lever is longer on the Low but the length of the two kickstands are the very same

Old 09-19-2015, 12:21 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
Kickstand length between standard and Low has been brought up here. I Have the Low - stopped by the HD today - borrowed a tape measure and measured both kickstands on the Low and the standard - Exactly the same - except (as stated here) the toe lever is longer on the Low but the length of the two kickstands are the very same
DId you compare the angle of the tip? My ultra rests on the very tip rather than flat.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:19 AM
skieverything
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a short dude, 30" inseam and took an opportunity to test ride a LOW and I have to say that I was impressed with how it felt just sitting in the dealership. The bike had a real flickable feel as others have said. So, out for a ride I go. The dealers lot has one of those circle intersections that seem to be everywhere now a days, that was the first time I scraped the boards on that bike. On with my test ride, I found the hand grips to be entirely too skinny( yes I know you can change them out, didn't want to) the very next thing that caught my attention was how stiff the ride felt. That thing felt every little crack in the road, and then I scraped again. In a nutshell, I was not trading in my Limited for a low, just to gain " flat footed" at a stop sign, I get by just fine .

Old 09-19-2015, 08:13 AM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,499 Likes on 8,432 Posts
Default Ultra Limited Low cornering

I call BS on the scrap on the dealer parking lot and the test ride. Everyone changes out the rubber grips. Unless you live up north you don't need heated grips. By the way the shocks can be adjusted and a hammock seat makes a big difference.

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited Low cornering