Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited Low cornering

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=BillNich;13605257
That said...this time of year I would hope they would make you an even better deal on the 2014...I got almost that much off on my 2015.[/QUOTE]

The dealers here in NorCal seem to be back into the sell for sticker mode on the '15's, trying to add in dealer prep, etc. One even has an $11.38 charge added in for CARB or EPA or something.... on a $28,000 bike.. I don't really see any difference over the 14's anyway.

Finding the right color is seeming to be a problem too... the light & dark red doesn't seem to be very common.... the whiskey amber two tone is everywhere.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:59 PM
BillNich
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerscum
The dealers here in NorCal seem to be back into the sell for sticker mode on the '15's, trying to add in dealer prep, etc. One even has an $11.38 charge added in for CARB or EPA or something.... on a $28,000 bike.. I don't really see any difference over the 14's anyway.

Finding the right color is seeming to be a problem too... the light & dark red doesn't seem to be very common.... the whiskey amber two tone is everywhere.
I guess in San Francisco it would be much easier to sell bikes year round...here in southern Maryland it is too cold for most folkks to think about bikes right now...
I also had a bit of a hard time getting the red two tone..they had to get one from another dealer..

Old 01-17-2015, 11:22 PM
philrod
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone lowered their Ultra?
On my 2014 Limited I put in the shorter rear shocks and had my seat shaved down and narrowed. Now I can almost flat foot it wearing tennis shoes.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:32 AM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Go south young man.... Call Biggs HD talk to Cody. Be ready to book your flight on SouthWest. I fly out Thursday.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyingSkeet
Go south young man.... Call Biggs HD talk to Cody. Be ready to book your flight on SouthWest. I fly out Thursday.
That's certainly . . . an opinion. After 3 new bikes from Biggs, I disagree and would never do business with them again. However, I also admit any one of them (dealers) at any time will make ya feel that way so that sooner or later ya wouldn't do business with any dealer within 500 miles. Hope ya take some time to enjoy some riding while your down here.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:28 AM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

From all the opinions on dealers local and afar, I shouldn't buy a bike from any of them. That's why I just, Bought on price and availability. Because when I bring it home I know I will get crappy service,whether I bought it from them or bought it somewhere else. I will by parts on line. And grin and bear it the rest of the time. I know this going in. I won't be disappointed. This goes for cars, boats, airplanes, just the way it is in 2015.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
chiggerbait
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stopped by a local dealer today to try to narrow down my color choice on a SGS. While there I sat on an Ultra, lord that thing was heavy coming off the stand. The salesman asked me to sit on a Limited Low. The difference is unbelievable. It feels a good 150 pound lighter. I think I'm sold.

My only concern is ground clearance. You Low owners... do you find it an issue? I'm not really an aggressive rider, but I'm worried that loaded with 2 up things are gonna grind.

Thanks!
I ride my 2015 Ultra Limited Low 2-up without any problems cornering or bottoming out. Just make sure your rear shocks are adjusted for your combined weight. For what it's worth, I have a 32 inch inseam. Some of us like knuckle draggers.
Nothin' but smiles with this ride!

Old 01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I put the premium shorter shocks on my Limited as soon as I got it. Rode 11,000 miles last year without a single scrape. This winter I dropped the front and put the low primary cover on as well. Looking forward to riding this year.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I put the premium shorter shocks on my Limited as soon as I got it. Rode 11,000 miles last year without a single scrape. This winter I dropped the front and put the low primary cover on as well. Looking forward to riding this year.

With a local dealer offering $3k off a '14 limited, that's real interesting. About how much $$ are you into the mods?

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:42 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
Lightbulb

Stopped by a local dealer today to try to narrow down my color choice on a SGS. While there I sat on an Ultra, lord that thing was heavy coming off the stand. The salesman asked me to sit on a Limited Low. The difference is unbelievable. It feels a good 150 pound lighter. I think I'm sold.

My only concern is ground clearance. You Low owners... do you find it an issue? I'm not really an aggressive rider, but I'm worried that loaded with 2 up things are gonna grind.

Thanks!
The Limited Low has the exact same rear shocks as the SGS. In addition, it has the Premium Single Cartridge lowered front fork.

I have had the exact setup on my 2014 Limited for over a year. That front fork alone is worth it. It makes the bike so much more "flickable". No more overly cushy, Pogo stick like, falling into corners ride like the stock fork.

I have no clearance issues at all. The boards are the first point of contact and you REALLY have to be aggressive to touch those. Much more cornering clearance than a non-lowered SoftTail.

That suspension combination does give up some of the plush, cushy ride of the stock suspension but in exchange you get a more flickable, "sportier" ride. PLUS it's and inch or so lower.

I believe the kickstand is the same except for the extended reach lever. I didn't change my kickstand and the bike STILL leans over more than I think it should.

Except for the reduced primary cover, you could have always put everything on a 2014 Limited to make it a Limited low (low f/r suspension, slipper clutch, reduced reach seat/bars). It's just cheaper if you buy it that way from the get go.

The things I wouldn't like on a 2015 Limited Low compared to my lowered 2014 Limited are the loss of the heated grips and the reduced reach seat/bars. I lowered mine for looks and feel. I like sitting IN the bike not ON it. I like my feet flat footed with knees bent. I'm not vertically challenged so I'd have to change the bars and seat on a 2015 Limited Low to get comfortable again.

Last edited by offthewall; 01-20-2015 at 03:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JayMN (08-25-2016)

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited Low cornering