Sponsored by:

Living the dream

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 08:45 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Living the dream

Yesterday I took the wife for a nice ride, the weather was perfect. 65ish, calm and sunny. We pulled into a lunch stop. While putting away the gear a middle aged guy, dressed in business attire walks up and starts asking questions about the bike ( 14 Limited in Daytona Blue Pearl ) the last question was the bikes cost. After answering he looked at me and said....."man, you are living the dream". He turned around and walked off. I was a little surprised due to my appearance vs. his.

My point: we are blessed to live our lifestyle and ride the beautiful bikes we ride. It was a dose of reality to me, I'm thankful for my ride and life.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 577 Likes on 318 Posts

He probably was a shoe salesman or maybe even an insurance agent. Anyway, I can think a a lot of other things that cost more. For example, ever stopped to think how much a cup of Starbucks cost? 5 bucks? And if we enjoy a couple of cups a week times a year? Now who is living the dream! lol

Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Reminds me of the opening scene of "Then Came Bronson". Sometimes we don't know how good we have it. But just think back to the times when you didn't have a bike and all you had to look forward to was the daily grind at work, and then working on the yard or house on the weekends.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 9,287 Likes on 3,193 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Sometimes we don't know how good we have it. But just think back to the times when you didn't have a bike and all you had to look forward to was the daily grind at work, and then working on the yard or house on the weekends.
I for one realize how good I've got it. I have enjoyed working hard and making my house our home. I waited a very long time to get the bike I've wished for. It has helped make me the man I am and really appreciate all that I have.

Thanks for making me think about it again.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:11 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

I had a doctor say the same thing to me basically. He wished he wasn't as afraid and had seen what happens to bikers during accidents which is why he stayed off. I looked at him and said ya only live once and only the good die young. I'm gonna live forever. I appreciate life, the OL and everything we've worked for daily. Being free to do it all is priceless. ..

Batman and Robyn

Old 01-10-2015, 03:09 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Reminds me of the opening scene of "Then Came Bronson". Sometimes we don't know how good we have it. But just think back to the times when you didn't have a bike and all you had to look forward to was the daily grind at work, and then working on the yard or house on the weekends.
I just watched my TCB DVD tonight. The opening scene it's always the best part of the show. I was the man in the car until my youngest graduated from high school in 2004.

Although Flora Plumb was pretty cute in,
*Your Love is Like a Demolition Derby in My Heart
then came bronson opening:

Old 01-10-2015, 06:04 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I had a couple of bikes in my life at different times and always wanted a Harley but one thing or another kept me from having that dream until I retired in 2008.
That year I finally talked Mama into it, started with a Sportty but it was just to small for what I wanted talked to my salesman and HD was giving you back what you paid for your Sportty if you went to a bigger bike, I went to a '09 Ultra . Just traded it in with 75k on the odometer for my 14 Limited and can't imagine not having a Bagger in my life now so yea we can live the dream.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:56 AM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I think about this everyday I get on one of the scoots. Damn I a lucky man to live this Lifestyle.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:25 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

My point: we are blessed to live our lifestyle and ride the beautiful bikes we ride. It was a dose of reality to me, I'm thankful for my ride and life.
yeah boi..amen

Old 01-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

My point: we are blessed to live our lifestyle and ride the beautiful bikes we ride. It was a dose of reality to me, I'm thankful for my ride and life.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, thanks that makes me smile, not because I think the guys is lesser in any way but more because that was me.
Last June I bought my first Harley and have been living the dream ever since. no drinking and riding...no exceptions...Ride Safe and Ride Proud

Quick Reply: Living the dream