Clearwater LED Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:19 PM
HeroNtheShadows
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clearwater LED Lights

Hey all,

Does anyone have these on their touring bike? If so can you post pics of them on the bike while turned off and on...or even a video. Any reviews from HDforum guys? I did a search and all I found was guys talking about the idea of them, no pics. I'm gonna get some in the Spring after taxes.

After hitting a dog and crashing my 14 FLHX this July 5th just after midnight..I'm pulling out all the stops on lighting . I bought a factory HD Daymaker reflector LED headlight to replace my stock headlight. It's nice and all, but I want aux lights too. But the HD aux lights are $400 just for the lights and another $429 for the housings....ugh . They are expensive and I don't even know how much light they put out....

Therefore, instead of going with the HD factory aux lights, I've found a solution in Clearwater. They have 4 models to choose from, all getting brighter as you go up. They have a dimmer switch that you mount on the handle bar and adjust from like 15%-85% brightness. And when you hit the high beams OR honk the horn, they give off 100% brightness.

I'm going to go with the Erica model. They come in a pair and EACH light puts out over 6000 lumens!!! So when you hit the high beam it would be over 12,000 lumens from the aux lights PLUS my Daymaker headlight. They are primarily used on BMWs but they have mounting brackets for our crash bars. They are $924 for a pair. Unfortunately they are black housings. If you want chrome it's another $200 and then it's only the outer ring that's chrome.

I know you're saying D@MN that's alot of money and that I'm complaining about $830 from HD!!! I don't care though, at this point I'd be willing to sacrifice a little form for better function and safety. And to me, it's worth the extra $100 to be brighter than the HD's From my research these are THE brightest aux lights on the market and are of TOP QUALITY from consumers.

My only consern is that they come with a master on/off switch. I'd want to cut that off and splice the wires into our factory switch position and i don't know if that would be easy or possible for a dealer to do that... thoughts? Suggestions?