Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Brian MD.
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I just ordered a pair off of Amazon. See if they get here when they say. I have Yaffee 10"Monkey Bars now. Love the looks and styling. Just don't come back far enough for me. I'm 5'-8 3/4" tall. Had seat lowered some and moved off tank. Have a 2014 Ultra Limited.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Finally got to ride with the 2+2 bars on... I have them all the way forward. I'm not 100% sure they are right for me. I'm 6'-1" and the height feels really good, but they feel a bit too close. I am not all relaxed when climbing a grade. Comfy on the downhill and level. The wife says I'm a lot closer to her.

I've only been riding for 3 years, so I'm not sure how long it may take to become accustomed to a bar change (rode with the stockers for 5000 miles). Also, maneuvering the bike in driveways and parking spaces is a bit more difficult now.

I think these would have been perfect had the bars been just 2" rise and not 2" back.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSledhead
Finally got to ride with the 2+2 bars on... I have them all the way forward. I'm not 100% sure they are right for me. I'm 6'-1" and the height feels really good, but they feel a bit too close. I am not all relaxed when climbing a grade. Comfy on the downhill and level. The wife says I'm a lot closer to her.

I've only been riding for 3 years, so I'm not sure how long it may take to become accustomed to a bar change (rode with the stockers for 5000 miles). Also, maneuvering the bike in driveways and parking spaces is a bit more difficult now.

I think these would have been perfect had the bars been just 2" rise and not 2" back.
The mechanic that installed mine, he is also a friend, is about your size. He hated them. Way to close for him. For me at 5-8 they are great. Maneuvering is much easier now, There is no long reach when the bars are turned and I feel much more in control. These bars are for sure for the short armed riders

Old 06-22-2015, 09:43 PM
MDSledhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Markallamerican
The mechanic that installed mine, he is also a friend, is about your size. He hated them. Way to close for him. For me at 5-8 they are great. Maneuvering is much easier now, There is no long reach when the bars are turned and I feel much more in control. These bars are for sure for the short armed riders
So the question is if someone makes bars similar to stock that are just a bit higher... The stock bars kill me between the shoulder blades.

We are leaving Friday for a 6-day trip on the bike. These are staying on for now.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:52 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSledhead
So the question is if someone makes bars similar to stock that are just a bit higher... The stock bars kill me between the shoulder blades.

We are leaving Friday for a 6-day trip on the bike. These are staying on for now.
KW makes a +2, 2" up without the back that might work for you...

Old 06-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Tooltech
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian MD.
I just ordered a pair off of Amazon. See if they get here when they say. I have Yaffee 10"Monkey Bars now. Love the looks and styling. Just don't come back far enough for me. I'm 5'-8 3/4" tall. Had seat lowered some and moved off tank. Have a 2014 Ultra Limited.

If you want to sell the Monkey bars, pm me.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:51 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default yea MD

MDSled..Will be curious how they feel after a 6 day trip? You may decide they are the ones or not.
Hap

Old 06-23-2015, 06:05 AM
Brian MD.
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooltech
I6f you want to sell the Monkey bars, pm me.
Okay, thanks

Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mhsmith451
KW makes a +2, 2" up without the back that might work for you...

I did not know that. Do you know the part number?

Originally Posted by hapbob
MDSled..Will be curious how they feel after a 6 day trip? You may decide they are the ones or not.
Hap
We will certainly find out. I'm not going to change them now. Although, now that I've done it once it shouldn't take me as long.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 6"1 but I have the ultimate tall boy seat that moves me back 2 inches so the bars seem about right for me. They do have a different feel will have to ride more to see if i like them. Still getting some pain between shoulders but not near as bad but then again I haven't ridden for more then a little over a hour at a time yet.

Quick Reply: Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install