Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:24 PM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I installed the 2+2 Narrows two nights ago. Plenty of electrical lines and brake line. Had to work a little for the hydraulic clutch line to get slack, but it all worked out. I don't understand the back orders. I ordered mine through the dealer and had them in two weeks.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Wolfman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about some pictures?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:57 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteF
I installed the 2+2 Narrows two nights ago. Plenty of electrical lines and brake line. Had to work a little for the hydraulic clutch line to get slack, but it all worked out. I don't understand the back orders. I ordered mine through the dealer and had them in two weeks.

I probably wouldn't have needed the switch wire extensions either. Did anyone try to run these through the bars?

Old 06-19-2015, 01:29 PM
PeteF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MDSledhead
I probably wouldn't have needed the switch wire extensions either. Did anyone try to run these through the bars?
I didn't run anything through the bars but the TBW of course because I didn't want to hassle with it. It appeared to me that there was enough stock electrical wiring to run internal.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:36 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't run anything through the bars but the TBW of course because I didn't want to hassle with it. It appeared to me that there was enough stock electrical wiring to run internal.
I ran all mine internally. I had to open the hole at the dimple just a little so the connectors would fit through.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:46 PM
rideflhxs
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete,

I have seen a lot of guys say they rerouted the clutch line but no real specifics on how. What did you do to get the slack? I have seen a pic on another post to cut the zip tie that holds clutch and brake line together at the steering head. Did you do anything besides that?

Thanks

Old 06-20-2015, 09:03 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rideflhxs
Pete,

I have seen a lot of guys say they rerouted the clutch line but no real specifics on how. What did you do to get the slack? I have seen a pic on another post to cut the zip tie that holds clutch and brake line together at the steering head. Did you do anything besides that?

Thanks
I cut the zip ties holding the brake & clutch to the steering head. As in the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

After everything was back together, I pulled as much slack as possible starting where the clutch line goes into the actuator(?) next to the right footboard. It snaps into a "keeper" up on the steering head (turn the bars to the left & look underneath the accessory panel). I also cut the zip tie there, repositioned the clutch line in the keeper, and reinstalled the zip tie (above the keeper). Up by the clutch reservoir, I loosened the banjo bolt just enough to line it up with the bars (same angle)

That got me enough slack that I could position the clutch line on the underneath of the bend in the bars where it goes into the faring. This is exactly how the stock bars were configured.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:09 PM
PeteF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MDSledhead
I cut the zip ties holding the brake & clutch to the steering head. As in the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

After everything was back together, I pulled as much slack as possible starting where the clutch line goes into the actuator(?) next to the right footboard. It snaps into a "keeper" up on the steering head (turn the bars to the left & look underneath the accessory panel). I also cut the zip tie there, repositioned the clutch line in the keeper, and reinstalled the zip tie (above the keeper). Up by the clutch reservoir, I loosened the banjo bolt just enough to line it up with the bars (same angle)

That got me enough slack that I could position the clutch line on the underneath of the bend in the bars where it goes into the faring. This is exactly how the stock bars were configured.
That pretty much sums it up.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks I Hope

I'm on 3rd bar change on 2014 and I really hate the ones on there now. HD Mini Apes! They fit the higher and closer vs stock I was looking for but the wrist angle is a killer. You guys seem to like these and everything stock fits. I ordered through amazon and will be here this week. I gotta change the current and hope this is the last!

Hap

Old 06-21-2015, 09:06 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob
I'm on 3rd bar change on 2014 and I really hate the ones on there now. HD Mini Apes! They fit the higher and closer vs stock I was looking for but the wrist angle is a killer. You guys seem to like these and everything stock fits. I ordered through amazon and will be here this week. I gotta change the current and hope this is the last!

Hap
Its times like this when Helibars show their value

Quick Reply: Khrome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper BarS Install