Sponsored by:

cb module disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014 | 09:35 AM
skybox ed
|
Cruiser
Default cb module disappeared

went to use my cb for the second time and now it's gone. 2014 limited I've had since February. used cb back in spring last year and went to use it today and it's gone? HOME----COMM-----INTERCOM/PHONE only two options. when I press the squelch it says no cb module found. anyone else have this issue or is there some super secret setting to turn it on

Old 12-08-2014 | 10:42 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skybox ed
went to use my cb for the second time and now it's gone. 2014 limited I've had since February. used cb back in spring last year and went to use it today and it's gone? HOME----COMM-----INTERCOM/PHONE only two options. when I press the squelch it says no cb module found. anyone else have this issue or is there some super secret setting to turn it on
I did when I first got mine. I called the dealer asking how come they forgot to add the CB. A service tech called me back and explained how to do a factory reset. When I did the reset, it all came back to life but the tech said that if the reset doesn't fix it, they'd replace the CB module. Not a problem since. You might want to try the factory reset but my guess is that the module has gone bad or disconnected.

Old 12-08-2014 | 08:47 PM
RickLB
Tourer

I had it happen on my 14 Limited and it was due to a blown fuse.

Old 12-09-2014 | 09:35 AM
wing_rdr
Cruiser

Mine did it when I first picked it up from the dealership. I live over an hour's ride to the dealership so they walked me through a factory reset. It works. Worth a try.

Old 12-09-2014 | 10:56 AM
skybox ed
|
Cruiser

reset no luck...... will get bike in next week and will post results where was the fuse located? main panel only has one for the entire radio system which is working

Old 01-22-2015 | 04:43 PM
skybox ed
|
Cruiser

well finally got my bike in. after a few hours, they are going to replace the entire radio. they were unable to get it to communicate with anything. new one will be here in a few days. lets see if this fixes it

Old 01-23-2015 | 09:47 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FinalShot
...A service tech called me back and explained how to do a factory reset. ...
Are the steps for the factory reset documented anywhere? Any details on what the factory defaults would be?

I had the auxiliary input activated. I'm curious if a factory reset will disable that.

Old 01-23-2015 | 10:29 AM
prostar
Club Member

A friend claims on his 2014 if he has the CB and the passenger intercom on when he says something on the CB it turns off the passenger intercom and it doesn't come back on unless he turns off the CB. Local dealer says it is a nationwide problem that Harley doesn't have a fix for. I call BS on dealer and think they don't know much about the radio.

Old 01-23-2015 | 11:41 AM
RonaldNC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by prostar
A friend claims on his 2014 if he has the CB and the passenger intercom on when he says something on the CB it turns off the passenger intercom and it doesn't come back on unless he turns off the CB. Local dealer says it is a nationwide problem that Harley doesn't have a fix for. I call BS on dealer and think they don't know much about the radio.
Hmmm... it works fine on my 2014 Limited.

Old 01-28-2015 | 08:15 PM
skybox ed
|
Cruiser

well new radio, cb, and wiring harness didn't fix. looked at it for 5 hrs checked power and rang out wires also. Saturday so no tech service available on weekends. have to drop off for a few days to fix.

Quick Reply: cb module disappeared